Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BE HONEST: Have you seen mainstream buzz for "Firepower"? Not NSB...mainstream!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I have not seen any of the mainstream media talk about the fight as much. But, Casual fans has asked for my opinion about the fight. I know casual fans who really want to see this fight. And, I have non boxing friend telling me about Pac being on Jimmy Kimmel. And, now they are interested in watching him. So I think there is a buzz for the fight.
    I think there is definitely a "generational divide" among the non-fans for this fight. And a gender one, too.

For example, when Delahoya, etc were fighting, the women and "corporate guys" knew. This fight seems to be much more skewed towards young males.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
      Yes, he did.

It is unfortunate that Jimmy Kimmel is the lowest rated of the late night shows, and it comes on after midnight.
      i dont think its the lowest rated annnnnddddddd being on kimmel and them talking about the fight is main stream media.

Comment

Marg-Cotto did not do "great numbers".
        They didn't do great #s? They did atleast 400k. Neither fighter really spoke english at the time. IMO considering everything with the event. It did do great #s.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          It was advertised just an hour ago during the commercial break on The O'reily Factor......
          A commercial = buzz?

Is there "buzz" for Mountain Fresh Tide?

Comment

What school do you go to?
            A small school in northern NJ.

Some of my friends who aren't into boxing but know I am have been in constant contact about it with me about it though, from all over.

To be honest....I think in some ways, UFC has helped the popularity of boxing. I might get crucified for that, but people are just more interested in combat sports now then they have been for almost the past decade it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              They didn't do great #s? They did atleast 400k. Neither fighter really spoke english at the time. IMO considering everything with the event. It did do great #s.
              It did 400-450K (Arum reported, so who knows), and the arena was 40% empty.

I do not consider the fight - which was hyped as potential FOTY, and had a Countdown - as "great numbers.

Solid nums. Not great.

Probably "disappointing" at the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                A small school in northern NJ.

Some of my friends who aren't into boxing but know I am have been in constant contact about it with me about it though, from all over.

To be honest....I think in some ways, UFC has helped the popularity of boxing. I might get crucified for that, but people are just more interested in combat sports now then they have been for almost the past decade it seems.
                Is it a secret? i promise not to stalk you.

Montclair State?

Comment

Is it a secret? i promise not to stalk you.

Montclair State?
                  Ramapo College. Not a secret, just didn't think you would have heard of it. It's actually pretty popular now.

Comment

It can be viewed two ways. And you are not crazy.

Boxing has been fairly flat for several years. With the exception of 2007, which was driven by FMJ's two big PPV's.

But MMA has surpassed boxing in fan avidity. I get those nums.

Savor, what's your major?

Comment

Ramapo College. Not a secret, just didn't think you would have heard of it. It's actually pretty popular now.
                      I'm from NYC. I've heard of Ramapo.

Why'd you choose there?

Comment

Working...
                      X