No announcement yet.

Hitting the heavybag without a break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Lately I've been doing that, I'll go straight through the break, hitting the bag for 20-30 minutes straight.

Is this good for building stamina or am I just tiring myself out unnecessarily?
    I dont care who you are, no1 hits the bag hard and fast 20 mins straight.

Comment

That's very good if you're trying to lose fat.

Comment

We dont believe u, u need more people

Comment

What are you trying to accomplish?

Just getting in better shape or better fighting shape.

There's a reason you fight for 3 rds and take a rest.

Ps, i dont believe you. I would pass the eff out after 15 straight minutes on a heavy bag with gloves on and my hands up.

Comment

I don't think it's Bad but as a boxer one of the things you want to do is train your body to recover very quickly..You can do that by working very intensely then resting for a short while..One of the Things I find helpful to do with a heart rate monitor is to get to 90% of my maximum during a 3 minute round then wait tell I drop to 65% then start high output again for 3min..At first it takes a awhile for the heart-rate to drop but the more you do it the faster it drops tell it can fit into a 1 min break..

Comment

you mean constant flow of punches(like calzaghe would do on the bag)
              or throwing punches lets say, every 1-3 seconds?

the latter is possible, you'll even get bored before getting tired unless you use some heavy gloves

and you say you're adding pitty pat punches, really pointless on the heavybag, if you want to build to endurance get real intense and throw as hard as you can in combos, atleast every 1-3 seconds, least you should throw is a 3 hit combo
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-06-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah so you're training to fight me secretly now are ya?
                Pathetic ****.

Putting off signing the contract to get a few more weeks training in ahead of me,
                Such a cowards move. I'mma fuck you up either way.

Comment

The only thing the TS does for 30 mins straight is spank his meat or drink the nth beer...

Comment

If it wasn't true, I wouldn't have said it. I have no reason to try and impress people.

Second, I guess one would have to see me in action to determine exactly how much effort is actually effective.

I wouldn't mind recording myself and posting a video of it for advice but for obvious reasons I will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      If it wasn't true, I wouldn't have said it. I have no reason to try and impress people.

Second, I guess one would have to see me in action to determine exactly how much effort is actually effective.

I wouldn't mind recording myself and posting a video of it for advice but for obvious reasons I will not.
                      Mr Mayweather does it regularly in fact if you ever get a chance to watch him train live, you will see that myth of 3 minutes on 1 minute off obsolete in that gym. Mayweather is one of the best fighters all time. Keep doing what your doing man. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X