No announcement yet.

2nd Exhibition Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    To be fair, you have several opportunities to KO him but you didn’t take them, killer instinct man!
    Yeah it was just an exhibition. So wasn't trying to throw with any power ever. In the beginning of the second he was trying to up his output and pressure me a bit more and I responded naturally with throwing a bit more power. My corner pretty quickly reminded me to watch it and I was more mindful of it after that.

Comment

Are you a Southpaw or Orthodox?

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
        Are you a Southpaw or Orthodox?
        Technically I'm orthodox. I am ambidextrous (bat left handed, bowl left handed, shoot a basketball with both, but throw baseball/football with my right). I train southpaw often with guys in my gym and naturally (without training or drilling it at all) started to dodge/move off center line and switch stances.

I then had some impingement in my left shoulder and bicep tendinitis in my left arm, and that seemed to further push me into utilizing my right as my lead hand more often.

Then I had like 3 weeks off before this exhibition match and just kind of went with what was natural (which is what you saw in the video).

I feel pretty comfortable in both, still would need to train my southpaw more often on the mitts and with head movement, etc.

Comment

My advise and the advise of my trainers in my gym (2 of them ex pro) would be to stick to one style and stay with it. From what you have told me I would stick with south paw exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
            My advise and the advise of my trainers in my gym (2 of them ex pro) would be to stick to one style and stay with it. From what you have told me I would stick with south paw exclusively.
            A lot of southpaws switching their style these days.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              A lot of southpaws switching their style these days.
              Yeah originally 1 of my trainers wanted me to stick Orthodox, but the stance switching was something that really occurred rather naturally. Didn't drill or train to switch stance or to slip to the outside while switching, etc.

My main trainer decided it was best to let those natural tendencies develop (as long as they weren't leaving me open to counters or were bad tendencies), and compiled on top of the minor injuries I had it seemed to help.

Right now not 100 on which stance I would prefer. I used to feel more comfortable orthodox and had trained primarily in orthodox, but now I find myself fighting south paw more often than not.

Good news, they just added a sanctioned event Jan 22nd near me, so now time to get back into camp!

Comment

Wow you’re so talented good job! Good luck in the nest one

Comment

Originally posted by nvpehem View Post
                  Wow you’re so talented good job! Good luck in the nest one
                  Aye thanks a lot! Been a lot of hard work and training, but feeling really good about my development for the amount of time I've been in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                    Aye thanks a lot! Been a lot of hard work and training, but feeling really good about my development for the amount of time I've been in the sport.
                    When’s the next match?

Comment

Originally posted by nvpehem View Post
                      When’s the next match?
                      Jan 22nd! Just waiting on confirmation of a matchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X