Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd deserve a place in the International Boxing Hall of Fame if he doesn’t fig

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F(_)CK NO. Fraud should be banned from boxing.

Only good thing about him not fighting Pacquiao is i and the boxing world and the future generations to come will laugh at his 0 everytime we see it.

Comment

i do believe as well that fraud jr deserves a place on the hall of fame but the question will still linger why he ducked pac.

why oh why, fraud...?

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        Yes he s already HOF bound whether he fights Pacquaio or not... But the ranking of his ATG status will be determined on a higher/lower scale if he chooses to fight Pacquaio compared to, if he chooses not to.
        I know many writers will think twice about sending any coward to the HOF. Maybe a dancers HOF..

Comment

I can't believe peope are actually answering this with serious answers.

Mayweather a guy that's an 11 time world Champion in 5 different weight classes by beating over 15 fighters in the top 5 in the divison vein fought in, the #1 ranked fighter in the divison being fought in on 9, yes 9 different occasions, has been on the P4P list since 1998 and many of those as the #1 P4P fighter on the planet, who also happens to arguably the fighter of his era, at very worst top 3.

Oh I wonder if that's HOF material considering Ray Mancini is getting inducted this year.

Comment

I'm ok with Floyd getting in because the HoF is for "famous boxers"!
            I don't consider him a great fighter because he never fights. He is a technician and has a ton of skills and talent but his style once he moved up is to avoid
            confrontation. Some say that's smart boxing others think its boring because a counter move with a (one) counter punch simply accounts for a non competitive match. Amateur boxing is "tag your it" pro boxing is "chess with consequences" Floyd offers no consequences in fact his opponents are expected to initiation all the contact.
            Yes he is talent but his "style" is not!!!! Put him in the Hall and if he remains undefeated that's fine but as time moves on most people will realize that his
            matchmaking and promotional talents outweigh his ring work.
            He took advantage of a sports demise time and used pro wrestling's "heel" (bad guy) to promote "hate" instead of sportsmanship. Nothing new, Ali did the same thing Foreman was not liked as a young fighter and of course the
            fear level that surrounded Liston was used to promote his bouts.
            Problem with all that is the use of a "negative" to promote a sport that fought against being a negative influence to begin with.
            That's boxing, let Floyd in but stop with the ATG fighter! He is not a top ten welter there are plenty of welterweights that could beat him and most of the greats would stop him!
            Ray.

Comment

FFS Floyd was a HOF before he left 130 and a first ballot by the time he left 140. He did not duck anybody. He said "take the tests", Arum said "there's the excuse".

Comment

i don't know but you're cute doe

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  I'm ok with Floyd getting in because the HoF is for "famous boxers"!
                  I don't consider him a great fighter because he never fights. He is a technician and has a ton of skills and talent but his style once he moved up is to avoid
                  confrontation. Some say that's smart boxing others think its boring because a counter move with a (one) counter punch simply accounts for a non competitive match. Amateur boxing is "tag your it" pro boxing is "chess with consequences" Floyd offers no consequences in fact his opponents are expected to initiation all the contact.
                  Yes he is talent but his "style" is not!!!! Put him in the Hall and if he remains undefeated that's fine but as time moves on most people will realize that his
                  matchmaking and promotional talents outweigh his ring work.
                  He took advantage of a sports demise time and used pro wrestling's "heel" (bad guy) to promote "hate" instead of sportsmanship. Nothing new, Ali did the same thing Foreman was not liked as a young fighter and of course the
                  fear level that surrounded Liston was used to promote his bouts.
                  Problem with all that is the use of a "negative" to promote a sport that fought against being a negative influence to begin with.
                  That's boxing, let Floyd in but stop with the ATG fighter! He is not a top ten welter there are plenty of welterweights that could beat him and most of the greats would stop him!
                  Ray.
                  ^^^^^^^ true dat

best post on this thread.

thank you for your input.

kuyukut.

Comment

Working...
                  X