No announcement yet.

Can Press Up, Pull Ups & Dips Build Up ''Core Strength''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    God dammit. There is some weird racism on this forum where everyone is offended by body builders, or just jacked dudes in general.

If I made a thread in the lounge right now saying some huge muscle bound guy wanted to fight me I guarantee there would be at least 20 responses of people just saying big dudes usually suck at fighting.
    This is when I throw a stone wrapped in picture of Vitaly at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
      Because bodybuilders or as you so eloquently put it "big lifters", aren't training to run in a marathon or fight for 12 rounds. They aren't even training to be strong.

They are trying to pack on as much muscle as possible while maintaining symmetry and sorry my friend, but push ups won't do that.

If you've never done Max Effort Squats or Dealifted or done sled drags, you have no idea what a "good full body workout" is.

Bodybuilders don't all have bad attitudes, but you can expect them to if you decide to be a smug arrogant douche who thinks he knows everything, when he really doesn't.

But alas this is about strength, not bodybuilding and nothing will get you stronger faster, than basic heavy compound lifts.
      Still competative bodybuilders are ****ing strong. They may not be insane strong like plers, but still strongers then right about any other athlete, with maybe heavyweight greekoroman wrestlers being stronger. Throw in some juice and they are even stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Still competative bodybuilders are ****ing strong. They may not be insane strong like plers, but still strongers then right about any other athlete, with maybe heavyweight greekoroman wrestlers being stronger. Throw in some juice and they are even stronger.
        I know, but point still stands. Bodybuilders don't training for strength or to be in shape fight, they train for hypertrophy and that doesn't necessarily require a whole lot of weight to be lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
          Running that type of length actual will lose you muscle. Have you noticed that profesional runner are always extremly thin.
          Yeah ti does lose you weight, thus you have to maintain your sugar levels so you don't pass the wall while running. PS. The wall is sually 18 miles BTW. However there is a difference between being big, and being strong.

Trust me if you can run 15 miles without pain, you are very fit and strong. Also a lto fo runners aim to lose weight, but you can be big and run that far. I am 195 lbs atm, and was 200lbs. I lost little weight because I control what I eat but feel stronger than when I use to lift weight years a go.

I don't think I can lift the same numbers as before because I don't do weight really, but I know that I can do body exercises like press ups, chin ups etc a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
            I know, but point still stands. Bodybuilders don't training for strength or to be in shape fight, they train for hypertrophy and that doesn't necessarily require a whole lot of weight to be lifted.
            True, but body builders are stronger than the average guy easily. A friend of mine is very short, like 5 foot 5, but he was 225lbs and he was strong. I wrestled with him once and I was around 200lbs at the time and he was a beast. Also being short, I couldn't get low on him.

He wasn't good at arm wrestling, but he could lift some silly weights though.

Comment

Working...
            X