Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook made a huge mistake fighting GGG & it's going to be looked back as his downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest mistake Brook made was fighting once at world level before the GGG fight. He ended up with very little experience and grit at the highest level so when Spence started to put it on Brook (worse than Carson Jones even) Brook had no idea how to survive or how to respond. That's what happens when you waste your prime fighting Jo Jo Dan and Matty Hatton lol

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      How does that explain why he would want to go 7 more rounds with an injured eye and not a round and a half with a different injured eye. You're saying it was because he was taking a beating. He said it was because he couldn't see out the eye. Eye? Beating? Which one is it?
      but I say him wanting to continue fighting GGG was an act cause the corner stopped the fight so he could make like he wanted to continue and he would not have lasted 7 rounds anyway

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        It was such a stupid move. It baffles me how they let an undefeated champion go up two weight divisions to fight such a dangerous guy.
        5 million bucks. Who on this board wouldn't fight GGG for 5 million RIGHT NOW. I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
          but I say him wanting to continue fighting GGG was an act cause the corner stopped the fight so he could make like he wanted to continue and he would not have lasted 7 rounds anyway
          So quitting against Golovkin was an act because he wouldn't have lasted another 7 rounds anyway, but quitting against Spence was for real because he couldn't last another round and a half?

This is so confusing!

Comment

At the very least, he shouldn't have fought a guy like Spence after his last loss, injury and layoff. Although Spence had a layoff himself.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              I can't say he was acting because he looked genuinely surprised that they threw in the towel. However, it could have been the plan all along to stop it if it got worst but he wasn't ready yet.

I'm still having a hard time understanding how it was easier for him to stop it in the 11th round than the 5th. Yes he was fading badly and taking a beating but all he had to do was finish those last 2 rounds. That says a lot about his character more than anything but of course you want to give the fighter the benefit of the doubt.

The other big problem is this was back to back fights. I don't know how he will live down this reputation anytime soon.
              I'd say Brook quit because he'd just been through a significant eye injury against GGG. Now against Spence he was seeing double through his other eye and there's no question he was worried about suffering permanent damage.

In other words, without the new injury to his other eye, he doesn't quit voluntarily. That seems clear.

Comment

Hes been so poorly managed, from fighting soft touches after the porter win to jumping over his head fighting GGG. Then going onto fight a banger in Spencer right after his GGG loss. His obsession with Khan has dictated all this. Both need to get wins under their belt and just fight eachother

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                  I'd say Brook quit because he'd just been through a significant eye injury against GGG. Now against Spence he was seeing double through his other eye and there's no question he was worried about suffering permanent damage.

In other words, without the new injury to his other eye, he doesn't quit voluntarily. That seems clear.
                  He was risking permanent injury when he stepped in the ring

Comment

ducked a khan fight for big bucks for all those years, finally steps up to face GGG for a modest payday and now one more fight for a modest payday and his career is basically over.

pretty dumb career move to fight tomato cans until youre 30 and then jump up 2 divisions to face a KO monster

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      ducked a khan fight for big bucks for all those years, finally steps up to face GGG for a modest payday and now one more fight for a modest payday and his career is basically over.

pretty dumb career move to fight tomato cans until youre 30 and then jump up 2 divisions to face a KO monster
                      When did he duck Khan?

Comment

Working...
                      X