No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
    Canelo is loitering around 155 until triple duck moves up to 168, he should be about ready now Ward has had his hand forced to move up to 175 for the challenging fights. As soon as tripe duck moves up Ginger testicles will move up.

Golovkin rag dolls his 170 lb ass come fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Yes in an ideal world with no rush Canelo could have some nice warm up fights at 160 before taking on GGG. But people want to see it now, because GGG literally hasn't got anyone else to fight.

But I don't think that would help Canelo that much to be honest. Canelo doesn't stop fighters and he couldn't ko old man SSM, so unless he is much better at middleweight than he is at 154 I don't see him beating GGG fullstop.

He might outpoint him possibly if he don't get ko'ed but I really don't think having warm up fights will be of much use, just like it wouldn't have been much use for Miguel as well.
      When it comes to GGG maybe not, because he looks like an exceptional fighter, but fighting him straight away is definitely not the right decision sporting or business wise. I think Canelo will be a fast middleweight, as in he won't be any slower but full blown middleweights are and there reflexes are thus they are easier to hit clean. I don't think Canelo will stop the best of the best at 160 as has been the case below 160lbs, but no middleweight will be able to charge him either, and I am sure he can stop guys like Lee, Quillin, etc. The guys that are a level below the top. In fact I feel Canelo has enough speed and power to be a top middleweight, whether he can beat the best middleweight? Im not sure he can, no shame in that though, I think its a competitive fight.

Comment

• Yes, I don't really have a problem with Canelo having some warm up fights if he needs to. But I just don't like the he will fight GGG straightaway with the CW though?

Comment

It really is a valid point that I am making. Whether people have a dog in this fight is another issue. There is a technical definition for what division a fighter is competing at and then there is the reality of what that fighter's weight class really is. Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title didn't make him a super welterweight, same thing with Cotto at 160, and same thing will Canelo at 160. Canelo will become a middleweight soon, but he is not there yet. I am not making excuses for him, vacate if he isn't ready for GGG. But, let him fight true 160 pounders before he takes on GGG.
          you always bring up pacquiao to justified your argument, yes pac is not true 154 pounder even after he fight at 150 once, you know why?? because he can easily make welter weight limit, hell he even came at 142 once at fight in WW division at the ripe age of 35.

you see the difference? Canelo body can't endure making 154 even after 12-14 weeks training camp. that's why we said he is already 160 lbs fighter not just because he held those disgraceful WBC belt.

You always had an argument canelo is not ready to take on true MW, because of their size right? what about canelo in 155?? didn't he always had huge size advantage from his opponent fighting at 155?? see, double standard from your part because too many slurping Canelo's and reynoso's diarrhea.
          Last edited by betmen; 11-28-2015, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• I love me some Canelo, but let's not play games here. He's clearly ready for 160

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              If Canelo cant hang with the big boys, then he can just unbuckle that belt and hand it over to his papi GGG.
              For real. He's the WBC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION, and Golovkin, his mandatory. He's typically heavier than GGG on fight night. So if he wants to "acclimate" to bigger guys against whom he will no longer enjoy the advantage of size, fine, he can drop the green belt and announce to the entire boxing world that he doesn't want it with GGG... and raise his hand only when he does. But don't hold the belt like a privileged Sulaiman nephew and ask for a CW. Disgraceful.

Comment

Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
                Then he needs to give up the title...and then he can practice being a middleweight on his own time but don't parade around with a 160 belt fighting welterweights and junior middleweights...

Comment

• thing is man no one is forcing canelo to defend the mw belt at 160, he can come in light if his body ain't ready to NOT strip the extra 5lb of water coming down from his walk around weight in camp, as long as the other guy can come in at any weight before the mw limit too, be it 160 bang on.

you're going on as if you speak sense for canelo saying he ain't a mw when he's the one who just PAID the sanctioning fee (which cotto didn't) to, in victory, BE RECOGNISED AS MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION. your entire premise for this thread is that he isn't a middleweight, yet he himself is demonstrating different by actually PAYING to not only be recognised as one, but as the best one!

if he thought like you, he'd have never paid it, and won it off GGG at some later stage you talk about. instead he opted for the belt, and the recognition NOW, knowing full well who the mandatory is, and what weight the division limit is.

so go ahead, troll and copy and paste more crap, the facts from canelo himself are what's nullifying your arguments here. nothing says "everyone see me now as a middleweight" like dropping $300k!
                  Last edited by TheCleaner; 11-28-2015, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• The bottom line is that he's a better weight drainer than fighter. Why else would he insist on an absurd made up weight limit?

Comment

When was the last time he fought a middleweight? Those 155 lb. fights were against junior middleweights, both parties benefited by not having to make 154. Canelo weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight, against a guy who came in at 153.5. Canelo has never fought a middleweight in his life. All his fights at 155 were against junior middleweights.

Fight night weight doesn't matter in my opinion. There is a difference between walking around weight, fighting weight, and fight night weight. To call him a light heavy because he comes in at 170 on fight night is absurb.

People called Chavez Jr. a light heavy/cruiser because of his fight night weights. Once he stepped up to a true light heavy, you saw that he had no business against those guys. He was clearly the smaller man, no punching power, and got put on his ass. Not defending Chavez Jr, I hate him as a fighter, but you just have to call it like it is. Same with Canelo.

So you are saying this is what Cane3lo is avoiding? Getting his ass kicked by a guy his own size?

Comment

Working...
                      X