Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton vs Lucas Matthysse at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matts has become underrated as of late (and some of that is warranted). He's a quality fighter. Stylistically, I think Matthysse's offense is too good against Ricky's lack of a solid defense. It would be one hell of a scrap tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
      I may be biased but I don't think Ricky fought anyone as hard hitting and Matthysse. He had some phenomenal performances, notably against the likes of Kosta Tzuyu but I don't think he'd be able to push Lucas around and outbrawl him. Before anyone brings up DG, him and Hatton fight nothing alike. Who takes it and why? And how does the fight play out?
      Lucas murders Hatton

Comment

Kostya was vetter and similar to lucas .
        I got hatton taking away lucas space ..ud hatton

Comment

Lucas Mattysse by manslaughter

Comment

Interesting fight prime for prime i think Hatton wears him down and wins a decision

Comment

He wouldn't have been matched with Lucas unless he was a 35 year old vs a prime Ricky in his late 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Hatton is ridiculously overrated due to his wrestling match with Kostya Tszyu. One of the worst fights I've seen.
                Gotta agree with this. I'm no matthysse fan but this is a horrible style match up. Lucas stops him in mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Hatton is ridiculously overrated due to his wrestling match with Kostya Tszyu. One of the worst fights I've seen.
                  Hatton has lived off one good win his entire career and is considered a legend in Britain. Brook is doing the same and is so revered. I guess that's the magic formula.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 07-25-2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Hatton has become underrated. New fans/fans that have only seen the Mayweather/Pacquiao fights thinking they've seen the best Hatton. There's only 2 fights Mayweather held excessively, Hatton (the first 3 rounds) and Maidana 2, out of those there's only one where he looked very uncomfortable and that was Hatton.
                    Hatton has lived off one elite win his entire career. He was just a charismatic figure, but if you were to dissect the resume then it's just alright.

Comment

I see this fight playing out as an inside war from the opening bell. Ricky Hatton was tough as hell and he would take it to Matthysse and probably have an early advantage smothering matthysse's punches, but I see him breaking down as the fight wears on. Matthysse has the stamina and durability to hang blow for blow, and his power would eventually be more than Hatton could handle. Matthysse by late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X