Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton vs Lucas Matthysse at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton vs Lucas Matthysse at 140?

I may be biased but I don't think Ricky fought anyone as hard hitting and Matthysse. He had some phenomenal performances, notably against the likes of Kosta Tzuyu but I don't think he'd be able to push Lucas around and outbrawl him. Before anyone brings up DG, him and Hatton fight nothing alike. Who takes it and why? And how does the fight play out?
    Hatton KO/TKO
    12.12%
    Hatton UD/SD/MD
    18.18%
    Matthysse KO/TKO
    69.70%
    Matthysse UD/SD/MD
    0.00%

I give the nod to Ricky. He had a much better inside game than Lucas and faster hands than Lucas to.

Lucas's plan A, B and C was to land his money punch but once his foe shows they can take it Lucas suddenly looks ordinary.

And please don't use Ruslan as a metric to Lucas's effectiveness in that scrap.
    Last edited by jri9d0; 07-24-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

would be an ATG war if both in their primes.

i got lucas

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        I give the nod to Ricky. He had a much better inside game than Lucas and faster hands than Lucas to.

Lucas's plan A, B and C was to land his money punch but once his foe shows they can take it Lucas suddenly looks ordinary.

And please don't use Ruslan as a metric to Lucas's effectiveness in that scrap.
        Why would I use Ruslan when he beat the livng **** out of Molina in a proper "scrap". Soto tried to fight Lucas on the inside with his faster hands, he was never knocked down in 60 odd fights and on a 22 fight winning streak and Lucas knocked him down and out.

He can outfight Lucas on the inside but how many big shots will he take before he ends up like he did vs Floyd or Manny?
        Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-24-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I like Ricky, but the Matthysse that beat Provodnikov and Olusgune or whatever his name was beats any version of Ricky Hatton

Comment

Not a good style fight for hatton... Lucas catches him and stops him mid to late rounds

Comment

I expected better from tou salim. No way ricky makes 140. Red K

Comment

Hatton has become underrated. New fans/fans that have only seen the Mayweather/Pacquiao fights thinking they've seen the best Hatton. There's only 2 fights Mayweather held excessively, Hatton (the first 3 rounds) and Maidana 2, out of those there's only one where he looked very uncomfortable and that was Hatton.

Comment

Hit man stops him to the body or us 12 like urnango...just all around better

Comment

Hatton is ridiculously overrated due to his wrestling match with Kostya Tszyu. One of the worst fights I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X