Being unbeaten, doesn't mean you are the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=jack p;17851717][QUOTE=Elroy The Great;17837414]
    Originally posted by jack p View Post

Ok show me scientific proof that a boxers finding ''someone'' to fight once a week is, that guy is padding his stats.
    Rocky didn't fight once a week so checking his resume
    doesn't back up your statement.

Show me scientific proof that a boxers finding ''someone'' to fight once a week is, that guy is padding his stats.
    I mean show me more then your opinion..

So without that proof and the fact you called bowling a sport.
    Bowling's not a sport my proof..
    How many times you go bowling, had a couple beers and you did better.
    "If you do it better after a couple beers its not a sport"
    You probably like to bowl and you think, beer gut and all.

"I'm a bowler.
    That makes me an athlete, a member of an elite club i belong to.
    "A bowling athlete"
    The fact you bring up a the term "Team Sports"
    in a "Boxing Forum" shows you don't understand anything about boxing.
    Now i just proved your wrong 100% in those two statements.
    So that means you have littered this board with inaccurate comments.
    Statistically speaking "You have never been right about anything you say or have said.
    Now if you want this board to be the best in terms of
    well researched comments.
    "The place professionals go to get their facts"
    You will delete your posts and account.
    Leave and never come back.
    Join a bowling forum one for the "Bowling athletes who talk ****"
    And litter their board with topics you are qualified to speak about
    why are you reluctant to honestly judge a guy by their resume

if you dont like the words i type, STOP READING THEM

Comment

• [QUOTE=jack p;17852213][QUOTE=StarshipTrooper;17852064]
      Originally posted by jack p View Post

I did see athletics in the definition but i didn't see bowling
      I still say "If you do it better after a couple beers its not a sport".. my opinion
      Since that definition didn't decide it for me
      no "Bowling" is listed there.
      Since you seemed to see "Bowling" there.
      For the likes of me i can't see how you let a definition that doesn't mention "Bowling"
      Decide for you that it does refer to "Bowling"
      I will concede "Bowling's a sport" if you call up a sports talk show ESPN whatever but it has to be one that
      A:Talks about sports
      B:Talks to athletes
      Tell them you want to discuss the great sport of bowling along with the tremendous skill of its participants.
      If your truly willing to stand behind your
      "Bowling is technically a sport"
      You could also request since "Bowling is technically a sport. Why the lack of professional bowlers on their guest panels"
      That should be something your comfortable with.

I personally would be uncomfortable doing that as i feel that would be an insult.
      Besides like i said no "Bowling" in that definition
      But if your right I'm sure they would love to discuss the merits of
      "Two pins left to win"
      "Should i make it a 6 pin and 9 pin
      or 3 pin and 7 pin..STRIKE
      youre wound up so tight youre getting your quotes fncked up.

Comment

• [QUOTE=StarshipTrooper;17853224]It's the dictionary definition you moron. That's what determines what words mean, not the worthless opinions of ignorant ****tards like yourself. YOU don't get to make your own definitions. Deal with it.[/QUOTE

I do get to make my own definitions.
        Didn't you get the memo?
        Why do you think i left "Bowling" out of the "Sports" definition .
        I wanted to put Bowling's not a Sport to clear any confusion but the other editors told me.
        "It doesn't need clarifying cause nobody's stupid enough to make that assumption.
        I said there's always someone stupid enough.
        We proved them wrong

Comment

• marciano's reign is way overrated.

1. everyone tries to make him out to be this giant slayer, he was this little 190lb pitbull slaying huge heavyweights. The reality is that all his best wins are former lightheavywweights that moved up, old fighters or a combination of both.

2. his title reign itself was pretty short, only 4 years with 6 defenses. Most of his opposition for his first 42 fights was atrocious. There are actually a ton of people that believe his record is better than mayweather's, who fought at the world title level from 21-38 years old. Theyre delusional bert sugar wannabes who overhype anybody that is on black and white film.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
            marciano's reign is way overrated.

1. everyone tries to make him out to be this giant slayer, he was this little 190lb pitbull slaying huge heavyweights. The reality is that all his best wins are former lightheavywweights that moved up, old fighters or a combination of both.

2. his title reign itself was pretty short, only 4 years with 6 defenses. Most of his opposition for his first 42 fights was atrocious. There are actually a ton of people that believe his record is better than mayweather's, who fought at the world title level from 21-38 years old. Theyre delusional bert sugar wannabes who overhype anybody that is on black and white film.
            One thing Rocky and Floyd have in common (both undefeated) ??
            How hard they train.
            I personally think the main reason why he remained undefeated i mean face it physically speaking he was the last guy who should have been unbeaten.
            On top of that he didn't start until he was 24.

It was because he was always ready by training so hard.
            I mean Floyd had all the advantages he was trained from day one.
            We knew Floyd win or lose wasn't gonna be outboxed.
            Floyd didn't need a KO to win
            Rocky had none of those advantages actually Rocky
            knew he wasn't gonna outbox anybody.
            He had reach disadvantage.
            Height disadvantage.
            Speed disadvantage
            Cut easy.
            Yet managed to remain undefeated.
            If he didn't knock so many guys out he would have not won all his fights.

He had know choice but to punch and punch keep pounding home until something folds.
            That rope a dope Ali did on Foreman wouldn't have worked on Rocky.
            Marciano's tank wouldn't have gassed.
            Ali would have no choice but to get off those roaps

Mayweather fought at the world title level from 21-38 years old
            True but Floyd cherry picked more then a few and he didn't go out of his way to get Pacq.
            When Manny was at his absolute best
            Manny whose style doesn't allow as many ring years for fighting at an absolute peak.
            Floyd did everything he could to not get that fight on track when the demand was highest.
            I would say Floyd did more behind the scenes manipulations to protect his legacy.
            His undefeated records not as impressive as Rocky's if it were we wouldn't be debating Rocky but Floyd's.
            The skill level of all boxers across the board is at an all time low,has been for years.
            The last truly great heavy was Tyson 86-88
            Many of today's top boxers compared to top boxers of the past are second raters.
            Rocky had a harder road to undefeated with less say in
            his competition then Floyd's road

Comment

• Interesting snippet of a story of a Marciano/Liston squabble per Lou Duva

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3529752

Marciano tried his hand at television and radio work, but the old street fire occasionally surfaced, such as in 1964, when he was in Miami doing radio spots for the Sonny Liston-Muhammad Ali fight.

"Rocky went to the gym where Liston trained," Duva said. "He was supposed to interview him, but Liston kept teasing Rocky, saying, 'You wouldn't last two rounds with me.' Rocky stayed calm, but he was getting mad. Finally, Rocky said, 'Get me some trunks, some shoes, and gloves and let's see what happens.' Rocky was serious. Liston's people ran in like they were doing the 100-yard dash, grabbed Sonny and took him out of the gym."

Comment

• Originally posted by jack p View Post
                ...but Floyd cherry picked more then a few and he didn't go out of his way to get Pacq.
                When Manny was at his absolute best
                Manny whose style doesn't allow as many ring years for fighting at an absolute peak.
                Floyd did everything he could to not get that fight on track when the demand was highest.
                This is false.

Floyd agreed to everything back in 2009. A 50/50 purse split, ring size, glove size, a monetary penalty for anyone coming in over the weight limit and so on.

But it was Pacquiao who walked away from that fight when demand was the highest. All because he was asked to do Olympic style random drug testing.

Comment

• Which Floyd never asked any previous opponent to do. Both guys held this fight up though and for a good 5-6 years.
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Which Floyd never asked any previous opponent to do. Both guys held this fight up though and for a ood 5-6 years.
                    At the end of the day it is not unreasonable to ask for stricter drug testing. All Floyd was requesting was that BOTH of them show they were clean and on a level playing field.

Pacquiao walked away just because of that so he is the one that prevented the fight from happening when both were closest to prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaconfan View Post
                      Does anyone agree that Marciano was only unbeaten because he was lucky?
                      There is no such thing as luck in boxing.
                      There is "boxing talent" and there is "business acumen"
                      neither of these things has anything to do with luck you rat b@stard.

You've probably never boxed. Your type blame everything on luck.
                      Hahaha.

Marciano is the best heavyweight of all time.

I hope you rot in hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X