Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao's underrated resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underrated? Its the greatest resume of the 21st century, one of THE resumes all time, no one but maynerds underrated it...till May fought him and all of a sudden, the "face first brawler" became "an all time great boxer".

Looking at resumes and wins, Pacquiao is second only to Leonard over the last 30 plus years. Throw in Chavez, Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Hopkins/Mayweather in that mix.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      You can't question his resume.

It's not possible.
      Let me give it a shot

Lost his final fight at 130
      Fought the worst champion at 135
      Fought a shot Hatton who got knocked out by Floyd and f'd up by Malignaggi
      Fought a drained DLH at a catch weight
      Fought the a fake WW champion at a catch weight
      Fought a shot Margarito for a vacant Jr MW belt at a catch weight

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Let me give it a shot

Lost his final fight at 130
        Fought the worst champion at 135
        Fought a shot Hatton who got knocked out by Floyd and f'd up by Malignaggi
        Fought a drained DLH at a catch weight
        Fought the a fake WW champion at a catch weight
        Fought a shot Margarito for a vacant Jr MW belt at a catch weight
        Hatton got fd up Malignanni? Right there proves u dont know sh#t

Comment

Pac resume is unbelievable.

Comment

I think at the apex of his fame his resume was overrated. Now that his stardom has faded it is being rated about how it should be, which is as an amazing first ballot HOF resume.

Comment

pac is a 135lb boxer fighting a full pledge 147lb boxer for half a decade now. Very incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                I think at the apex of his fame his resume was overrated. Now that his stardom has faded it is being rated about how it should be, which is as an amazing first ballot HOF resume.
                His run between Marquez II to Margarito was very well orchestrated specially with setting him on par with Mayweather and fighting guys like DLH and Hatton after Floyd and the success those fights had

Manny is a great fighter but very overrated IMO

Comment

Manny's ATG and beat dozens of fighters in his way. He beat most guys they put in front of him and when he did lose, for 3 of those fighters, he's still ahead with 2 wins.

Can't really question his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                    What Is the Issue? He lost to Morales In their first fight. He was not supposed to rematch Morales for the chance to redeem himself?
                    No I just don't think it's an atg win. I think it's over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      No I just don't think it's an atg win. I think it's over rated.
                      I wouldn't say that. It was the same Eric Morales who went on to fight Marcos Maidana with Maidana saying the following

"This was my toughest fight ever.

The same Maidana who went on to give Mayweather all he could handle.

The Morales win was not over rated.
                      Last edited by ironmt; 06-25-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X