Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for another DAZN price hike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcity has caused a riot withing the PBC shill following. Mama always said awkward is awkward does

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      From day 1 i noticed boxing fans say "this is the future. Boxing is ahead of the curve"
      I've said STREAMING is the future numerous times. And if you know the difference between streaming & broadcasting you'd know streaming is a superior means of showing content to fans & it allows for customization that we have barely touched the surface on yet.

DAZN may or may not be the future & I'd bet against them myself as I've said numerous times. I think the streaming market is only getting started & I think the big dogs aren't even in it at all yet or fully in it if they are. I do expect DAZN to be around, even if I'm right, longer then you think they'll be doe. I don't think you jump in this sphere without the proper budget to throw some money around.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        You've said you think the price will go up numerous times. You've said you think they will go outta business numerous times.

The only new thing you said is you think DAZN will be outta the boxing business by 2021.
        I said the price was going up months ago. It did. Last week I told you another hike was coming but I don't know when. This new info gives me a better time frame. Depending on if GGG and Canelo fight or not I'll have a better idea of when the price hike will come.

I'm being consistent. I know that's rare around here.

Comment

That was AFTER i already said DAZN would flop. Why would it be personal if I made money off them? You don't make any sense
          You don't make any sense because you said you can separate business from personal when referring to DAZN. So in this case you getting money off them = business, and you hating on them = personal.

What difference does it make if you made money off them before or after you started your little anti DAZN campaign on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            You don't make any sense because you said you can separate business from personal when referring to DAZN. So in this case you getting money off them = business, and you hating on them = personal.

What difference does it make if you made money off them before or after you started your little anti DAZN campaign on here?
            You made it seem like I was mad at them for business.

But yeah, I personally want to see it fail. Putting a niche sport on a niche app is not good for American boxing. We saw it go from a mainstream sport to a niche sport when it went to cable TV. So yeah, I love boxing and I want as many people to see it as possible.

Comment

You made it seem like I was mad at them for business.

But yeah, I personally want to see it fail. Putting a niche sport on a niche app is not good for American boxing. We saw it go from a mainstream sport to a niche sport when it went to cable TV. So yeah, I love boxing and I want as many people to see it as possible.
              That's cool but I'd wait at least a few years before stating it's not good for American boxing. This is a different era we live in. You never know what the next few years will bring.

Comment

If they continue to hike their prices because they are losing money and not making a profit. Then one of three things are going to happen.

One, they will have to find a new market; Two, change the content on its platform and finally three; Just simply go out of business because no one is consuming the service.

DAZN launching here in America by adding Boxing content to its platform was good for me as a boxing fan but a mistake in general because hardly anyone in America watches boxing anymore. It's no longer a mainstream sport.

It's no longer popular among casual fans. Moving boxing off of free network television permanently damaged the sport and now the internet threatens to permanently ruin it.

Comment

I said the price was going up months ago. It did. Last week I told you another hike was coming but I don't know when. This new info gives me a better time frame. Depending on if GGG and Canelo fight or not I'll have a better idea of when the price hike will come.

I'm being consistent. I know that's rare around here.
                  Consistently hating, which isn't so rare around here.

Anyone with a brain knows you don't get into this sphere as a new dog & don't gotta throw some money around & be in the hole for awhile. Its hardly some crazy move. Its pretty standard. And it does make them a greater risk, most places doing this do end up going outta business. Thing is all the major places in most markets that shook things up from outta nowhere also took that type of throwing around money route.

And like I keep saying this is nothing cuz if DAZN is gonna be competitive they are gonna need some 500M-1B a year type deals with the major sports leagues in the US.

Comment

But yeah, I personally want to see it fail. Putting a niche sport on a niche app is not good for American boxing.
                    Lol. You may be fooling guys in this thread, but that’s the exact same rhetoric said in LDBC streams for WANTING DAZN to fail, “personally.”

“We made Wilder...we can make Thurman fail.” -78sportstv

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      but a mistake in general because hardly anyone in America watches boxing anymore. It's no longer a mainstream sport.
                      What sport to you suggest they've shoulda gotten into instead of boxing?

Afaik there wasn't a bigger sport up for grabs yet cuz those bigger sports rights are locked up for years at a time. And boxing is one of the easiest sports to get into cuz its so divided & if you can make the right fights you can garner a solid audience.

Boxing is probably the biggest sport you can easily get into as a new player. And I mean that from the TV rights game to getting into the boxing ring as a participant ffs. Some of the worst pro athletes I've seen in my life are pro boxers cuz there is no quality control at who's a pro boxer. Any ass hole who don't fall off the treadmill can get ok'd for a boxing license.

Comment

Working...
                      X