No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison vs. Jarrett Hurd on Wilder-Wawrzyk Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    I thought Jo Jo Dan showed some openings in Hurd's defense in their fight even though he ended up getting blasted eventually.

Obviously a different style and stance than Harrison but maybe there is something to take from that fight. Yeah he beat Dan up in the end, but it wasn't Hurd's best showing imo. Dan was taking angles and peppering him. I like Hurd but am interested to see what a more lively fighter does against him now so this sounds like a good fight
    I was surprised how many people came out talking about how Hurd impresses them right after that fight. Considering his opponent was a blown up JMW and like you said, exposed some of Hurd's flaws. If Hurd impressed anyone, that was the wrong fight to say something like that. Lol

Comment

Wonder how much Al is paying all these guys to slip in comments about how honored they are to be fighting on a card with "the heavyweight champion of the world" Deontay Wilder. Shady **** just like getting hospital picks of his knockout victims afterwards... wonder how much they pay for those to help hype up Wilder, or try. Not that it's working with anyone with boxing knowledge because those people know Wilder ain't fought nobody, and unlike GGG, ain't even trying to fight nobody so far, which suggests his team know his skills are not on the same level as GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. This shouldn't be an eliminator this should be for the belt. Two young Lions for sure.
        What qualifies as a lion though? They are obviously talented drained down middleweights fighting at 154 to avoid GGG, but still, they are talented, but the thing is there are so many talented guys at 154 that just because you're talented doesn't even necessarily make you top 5 in the division. And if you're not top 5, how can you fight for a belt when belts are supposed to be fought #1 vs #2?

I mean that's how a sport is supposed to work. Yes these guys are talented, but they are #7 and #9 in the division, something like that. So how does a sport work? #7 and #9 fight, and the winner moves up to #4 or whatever, and then they fight #3, and move up to #2, and fight for the championship....

I realize it's not as "easy money" that way, but there is only money in the sport at all if it functions as a sport in the first place, and that's how a sport must function to have credibility. Additionally, that way will build the fighters a bigger name, and make them more money in the long term, especially for the winner.

Comment

Solid fight between up and comers who are both big rangy guys for 154 that can punch. Should be fun while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            This statement shows you are either a casual or you are biased. Guys walk away from loses without immediately avenging them all the time. Dude will have his day in the ring with Nelson at some point, but he can't dwell on past mistakes. Take the fights they put in front of you and keep it moving. You might be Willie Nelson the way you're whining lol
            "Guys walk away from loses without immediately avenging them all the time."

And I criticize them for that all the time.

"Dude will have his day in the ring with Nelson at some point"

In other words, he'll wait for Nelson to get washed up and then take the rematch.

Like I said, I acknowledge the lads talent, he got it, no doubt. But he hasn't got a single bone of will or pride and his spine at this point seems to be made entirely of noodles.

You think I'm his biggest critic because I hate him, but you're wrong. I actually liked Harrison a lot and even told all my friends to look out for this kid. Until I saw him quit like a ***** on his feet. He beat the count clean and then just walked away from the ref as he was about to resume the fight, WTF?

Then he completely ducks a rematch and doesn't even say a word about it? Nah man this guy is a clown, and he made me a fool for ever believing in him.

If gonna lose, even to a gate keeper, then at least go out like a warrior, not with a ***** move like that. And when you lose, attempt to even the score. Even if you fail again, no one gonna criticize you coz now they know you aint no ***** and they know you tried your best.

Waiting for the guy to get washed up and then asking for a rematch is as ***** of a move as they come.

Comment

Great Fight! PBC is doing it real big in 2017! Hurd vs. Harrison and Lubin vs. Cota not too far away! J-Rock, where you at? Get back in there! Let's Go!!!

Comment

Good stuff, this undercard is loaded

Comment

I look forward to this matchup most of the three. I like Hurd by ud. I don't look at dan fight as too telling dan was a smaller guy with slower hand speed and minimal power. I think Hurd realized he was in no danger and goofed about a bit. He seemed to be working on landing a big 1 punch counter that would hurt dan but it never really happened. Anyway this is a step up and a test and I look forward to it
                  Last edited by TheUptownKid; 01-25-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                    julio jr just quit on the stool against fonfara also
                    Chavez Sr quit in the Randall rematch...it runs in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by kigali View Post
                      chavez sr quit in the randall rematch...it runs in the family.
                      damn thats cold

Comment

Working...
                      X