No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison vs. Jarrett Hurd on Wilder-Wawrzyk Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be there. I though this was on the Broner undercard
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 01-24-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
      Harrison is pretty complete. Everyone underrates him because of the Nelson fight. People have to remember anyone can be caught with a good shot. I give this fight to Harrison.
      And that was a step up fight for Harrison against a guy who'd been in there with tough comp and had way more experience than Harrison. Harrison was looking good most of the fight but he punched himself out.

That fight reminds me of the Broner fight coming up. People are sleeping on Granados. People looking at those four losses but not seeing who those losses were against. He lost a fight early in his career, I think it was his second or third fight. His other losses have been to Frankie Gomez, Felix Diaz and Brad Solomon. All good fighter. And he doesn't have a ton of amateur experience.

Comment

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. This shouldn't be an eliminator this should be for the belt. Two young Lions for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          And that was a step up fight for Harrison against a guy who'd been in there with tough comp and had way more experience than Harrison. Harrison was looking good most of the fight but he punched himself out.

That fight reminds me of the Broner fight coming up. People are sleeping on Granados. People looking at those four losses but not seeing who those losses were against. He lost a fight early in his career, I think it was his second or third fight. His other losses have been to Frankie Gomez, Felix Diaz and Brad Solomon. All good fighter. And he doesn't have a ton of amateur experience.
          I agree with everything said here. I am taking Harrison in this one. I think he's the more complete boxer. Hurd might have a slight edge in power but not by much. Harrison is a good athlete that will use the ring and make Hurd work.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            tony harrison is alot better than julio bum jr and jeff horn the school teacher......
            I agree that Tony Harrison is very talented, however, he is a spineless coward he quit after Willie Nelson landed one solid punch and then had the nerve to not only avoid a rematch but not to even mention Willie's name again, as if he's pretending that KO never happened.

I don't respect fighters who don't avenge their losses. Even if this guy ended up becoming undesputed champ somehow in the future I still would find it hard to respect him because he never even tried to avenge the one loss on his record.

I do acknowledge that he is highly skilled and athletic though, I just don't have respect for him as a person and as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              I agree that Tony Harrison is very talented, however, he is a spineless coward he quit after Willie Nelson landed one solid punch and then had the nerve to not only avoid a rematch but not to even mention Willie's name again, as if he's pretending that KO never happened.

I don't respect fighters who don't avenge their losses. Even if this guy ended up becoming undesputed champ somehow in the future I still would find it hard to respect him because he never even tried to avenge the one loss on his record.

I do acknowledge that he is highly skilled and athletic though, I just don't have respect for him as a person and as a fighter.
              How do you know if he was even allowed to avenge the loss? These guys aren't the match makers. Who knows what Al approved behind the scenes? I doubt he is worried about a rematch with a guy he out-boxed the entire fight. Inexperience beat Harrison that night, he likely cruises next time they meet. Anybody can be caught with a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                How do you know if he was even allowed to avenge the loss? These guys aren't the match makers. Who knows what Al approved behind the scenes? I doubt he is worried about a rematch with a guy he out-boxed the entire fight. Inexperience beat Harrison that night, he likely cruises next time they meet. Anybody can be caught with a shot.
                I don't want your opinion on what would happen in a rematch, I want to see the rematch with my own eyes. The only reason he getting away with this **** is because he is unknown and very few people know about him.

If he were a star/popular fighter very few fans would be accepting of this ****. I don't want to read or hear about your excuses as to why he lost, the fact is, he lost and hasn't avenged the loss, or even tried to, or even spoken about the desire to avenge it. He is totally pretending it never happened. That's shady AF!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  I don't want your opinion on what would happen in a rematch, I want to see the rematch with my own eyes. The only reason he getting away with this **** is because he is unknown and very few people know about him.

If he were a star/popular fighter very few fans would be accepting of this ****. I don't want to read or hear about your excuses as to why he lost, the fact is, he lost and hasn't avenged the loss, or even tried to, or even spoken about the desire to avenge it. He is totally pretending it never happened. That's shady AF!
                  This statement shows you are either a casual or you are biased. Guys walk away from loses without immediately avenging them all the time. Dude will have his day in the ring with Nelson at some point, but he can't dwell on past mistakes. Take the fights they put in front of you and keep it moving. You might be Willie Nelson the way you're whining lol

Comment

Originally posted by sledgeweather17 View Post
                    i agree that tony harrison is very talented, however, he is a spineless coward he quit after willie nelson landed one solid punch and then had the nerve to not only avoid a rematch but not to even mention willie's name again, as if he's pretending that ko never happened.

I don't respect fighters who don't avenge their losses. Even if this guy ended up becoming undesputed champ somehow in the future i still would find it hard to respect him because he never even tried to avenge the one loss on his record.

I do acknowledge that he is highly skilled and athletic though, i just don't have respect for him as a person and as a fighter.
                    julio jr just quit on the stool against fonfara also

Comment

I thought Jo Jo Dan showed some openings in Hurd's defense in their fight even though he ended up getting blasted eventually.

Obviously a different style and stance than Harrison but maybe there is something to take from that fight. Yeah he beat Dan up in the end, but it wasn't Hurd's best showing imo. Dan was taking angles and peppering him. I like Hurd but am interested to see what a more lively fighter does against him now so this sounds like a good fight

Comment

Working...
                      X