Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman and Porter are both solid fighters but both are lacking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman's timing is fine, it's actually pretty freaking good. His problem is that he relies on hurting his opponents with big shots. His style is basically to wait and counter punch with a big shot, hoping to hurt. He doesn't do the best job of setting up his own offense if those counters don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      For those saying Bradley, can I ask what he has done to be the top guy at 147?

Genuinely, what is it?

A win over a small, 38 year old Marquez? 3 losses to Pacquiao? Getting dropped multiple times and getting gifted a win vs Provodnikov?

His record at welterweight says 5-2-1, but his real record should be 3-3-2.
      As big a Bradley fan as I am, he definitely hasn't done enough to be called the best welterweight right now. His past 2 years have been two losses to Pac and two (should be) wins over Diego Chaves and Jessie Vargas. Not bad, but certainly not enough to say he should be top dog in one of the most loaded, unproven divisions in the sport.

Maybe if Vargas pulled the upset over Brook could we say Bradley should be top dog.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Thurman is a solid counter puncher but can not fight on the inside and gets pushed back easily and and does not really have a great jab. He has solid power but does not have the great timing to make it as effective as it can be.

Porter can not fight going backwards at all and has no jab worth mentioning, He leaps in wide open and off balance. Porter is aggressive ,but once he gets in he either smothers his work of just wastes energy wrestling his opponent.

Both are solid fighters and if they fix certain things may have the chance to prove they are elite top fighters. Neither are as good as they think they are and both are very, very limited. But fighters like these have to fight each other to learn and improve
        I agree except I think Thurman has great timing (Porter is just difficult to time) and Porter's jab is actually decent. He doubles and triples it up to get inside and whenever Thurman threw a jab, Porter slipped and countered with his own jab and got the better of those exchanges. He does an excellent job of countering your jab with his own. That was effective against AB as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          I did, maybe I should stop reading youtube's comment...
          Maybe you should if you're going to use them as mainstream opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            As big a Bradley fan as I am, he definitely hasn't done enough to be called the best welterweight right now. His past 2 years have been two losses to Pac and two (should be) wins over Diego Chaves and Jessie Vargas. Not bad, but certainly not enough to say he should be top dog in one of the most loaded, unproven divisions in the sport.

Maybe if Vargas pulled the upset over Brook could we say Bradley should be top dog.

I agree and don't understand why so many people believe that. It makes no sense and I wouldn't pick Bradley to beat Thurman or Porter at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Maybe you should if you're going to use them as mainstream opinions.
              You use troll comments to justify your victim playing though, so why cant he use those pro black youtubers comments and videos?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                You use troll comments to justify your victim playing though, so why cant he use those pro black youtubers comments and videos?
                The funny thing is you currently have me on ignore because I have destroyed you in the past. I guess you haven't jacked off yet so you need some attention from me.

The only person bringing race into this thread is your insecure, virgin, racist ass.

You are the epitome of a bit ch and a coward. Stick to looking up black people on the Internet and making threads about them. That's basically all you do on this site. Now stop following me and responding to me you weird phaggot.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 06-27-2016, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Larry being racist.

Comment

Working...
                  X