Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fear of losing my first amateur match.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear of losing my first amateur match.

I will have my very first amateur match in about 3 months and i was wondeing who i would fight first.
    Someone who is inexperienced and is about the same level as me.
    Or anyone who wants to fight me, experienced or not?
    I desperately don't want to lose my first fight, it's embarrasing!

this is just me, but if you go against a more experienced one, i'd say you'd learn more than if its you and some guy slugging at eachother. The challange can't hurt, (Well it can physically) but if you want more experience, try your luck.
    hope this helps.
    Last edited by smallispower; 03-15-2006, 10:22 PM. Reason: .

Comment

DONT FIGHT SOMEONE WHOS EXPERIENCED! THIS FACT IS AS PLAIN AND UNIVERSAL AS U CAN GET!
      one77 u will definitely be fighting someone with under 5 fites, if ur trainer puts u up against an experienced guy, u will only get hurt, physically and psychologically. trust me man, u will be fighting someone with limited experience. Preferably u should be fighting someone whos had 1 fight. We all have the same feeling of fearing loss, its only human and normal. Focus on grilling ya opponent and u will be right.

Comment

yeah i know and your actually right heather, but thing is i don't want to embarras my coach and myself if i lose.
        You see, my gym has a good reputation for bringing up good amateur fighters and i want to be one of them.

Comment

thanks hunna
          thats given me a boost to train harder!

Comment

If you gym has a rep, uphold the rep and do your best....Let your trainer pick who is more compatible for you.

Winning and losing doesnt matter in the amateurs it is all to learn experience. Personally I feel you would lose more in the ring going at in a slug fest with another amateur than getting battered by an experienced one.

2 amateurs will just throw punches like crazy with technique, a experienced will make you box and really test your skills and see if you learned what you learned in the gym.....

Id go the high road.

Comment

Go with anyone ur trainer puts u with if u have a good rep like SpinxJinx says

And about losing, it's all a learning experience aint like ur on tv or anythin haha

Comment

If it's your first fight, go with someone who is debuting themself or has one or possibly two fights at the most. This is going to be a completely new experience for you so you don't want a guy who's experienced or any less nervous than you're going to be. This is about you getting used to getting up there and fighting. Better to go too safe than to take a risk at this point in your boxing career.

You might not think so now, but a nasty beating could cause you to quit before you ever really started.

Comment

depends on how you lose

i felt the way i lose hrut more because
                  i could have won easy but i did ****

so i was really depressed and insecure about my skills and boxing for like 2 weeks

i didnt want to spar i barely wanted to train

im good now
                  ive been sparring better than ever
                  training hard

getting ready for my fight may 13th

Comment

thxs guys!
                    Btw boxer2k5 is that you at the bottom?

Comment

Working...
                    X