Is Inoue the most overrated fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Inoue the most overrated fighter

not just of today but in history?

Many mock Broner for being grossly overrated at the time and a hypejob. GGG may of been a bit overrated but both accomplished more than Inoue.
    Both have wayyy better resumes. A weight drained Jamie McDonnell is enough to get people on these stupid, mythical P4P lists.
    Jamie McDonnell on his best day isn't even as good as like Daniel Geale, not even a top 5 win for GGG nevermind that shell that could barely walk unaided.

Inoue hasn't fought anyone remotely decent. Have you seen his resume and who he beat for those straps? He did that by avoiding every single fighter worth a damn. Didn't fight one. And don't tell us guys like Chocalatito, Cuadras, Estrada were shook

In this era especially these straps mean little its who you beat.

Go look at his resume and don't even pretend you don't know who 90% are.

This guy isn't P4P anything no matter what criteria you want to apply to suit your agenda.
    Even now he's signed to that tournament its a step towards proving himself but lets not pretend they're anymore proven than he is.
    I'm not saying he won't deserve credit and he does for even entering but lets not go overboard in truth we don't really know how good they are either until they fight each other.

As of right now Inoue is disgustingly overrated. You claim he's P4P I say you're one step away from these MMA goons that think some 130lb soaking wet actor beats Mike Tyson in a St fight.

So what would you think of him if he wins the whole WBSS tournament?

Comment

i agree

A lot of that could apply to Crawford to be fair. who has he really beaten too? he might have unified a division and won plenty of belts but it doesn't count for much if it's against lower level opposition. Ricky Burns become a 3 weight world champ by doing the same things.

until the likes of Inoue or Crawford have beaten some real good level opposition, they shouldn't be near the top of any p4p lists.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 10-04-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Crawford is P4P #1 on tons of lists... his resume is pure dog **** for a #1 P4P fighter. And he's fighting bum Benavidez. He's #1 on my hype job and overrated list atm. He was on queer street from inactive and blown up Gamboa while having a massive size advantage and his bunboys think he easily beats all the top welterweights. Eye test doe. Crawford's former opponents have been getting beaten in about the same fashion by supposed lower class fighters than Crawford too.
        Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 10-04-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

at first when I was telling people about Inoue, he was a paper champ who hadn't fought anyone, and everyone was saying "Jamie will be his first test, we'll see how he does against Jamie" well, he KO'd Jamie in two minutes, and now everyone is saying that Jamie was weight drained (because McDonnell apparently wasn't fighting at 118 for the last 10+ years)

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            So what would you think of him if he wins the whole WBSS tournament?

It depends on who he beats and how.
            I see it as a wide open division with no real depth, no outstanding talent and not a remotely great win between them. Just a set up for rather unproven prospects.
            He'd deserve far less credit than Usyk, probably somewhere around the same credit as Smith received yet he's already getting more hype than Smith post tournament.
            Smith destroyed Fielding prior, I class Fielding a cut above McDonnell in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              It depends on who he beats and how.
              I see it as a wide open division with no real depth, no outstanding talent and not a remotely great win between them. Just a set up for rather unproven prospects.
              He'd deserve far less credit than Usyk, probably somewhere around the same credit as Smith received yet he's already getting more hype than Smith post tournament.
              Smith destroyed Fielding prior, I class Fielding a cut above McDonnell in all honesty.
              so along with Inoue, you view Rodríguez, Tete and Burnett as just unproven prospects?

Comment

Overrated my ass. He beat a future unified champ in his 4th fight, won the title from the #1 fighter at 108 in his 6th fight then moved up two divisions and knocked out Narvaez in 2 rounds, (which both Donaire and Tete couldn't do) then moved up again and destroyed a guy who'd never been stopped in 1 round. He's resume would have been better but both Yafai and Ancajas both turned down offers to fight him. I'll make sure to bump this next year after he wins the tournament.

Comment

Crawford is ranked too high as well imho though his resume is better and its easy to see his skill and talent. With Inoue frankly all I see is a weight bully that hits like a mule with his left hand.
                  Complete punchers mentality with a poor defense.

He fights the same way everytime and its always against static opposition with no jab.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    so along with Inoue, you view Rodríguez, Tete and Burnett as just unproven prospects?

Not Tete but the others, yeah pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                    X