Boxing fans are in denial tonight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    yep

I think May is a much better 40 year old fighter than most out there, thing is, Mac was better than anyone thought. May could still be competitive but I think Crawford beats him. NOt sure about Thurman or Spence.
    I agree, no doubt May Is still a top fighter and Mac Is certainly better than he was given credit for. If I was betting, I would make Crawford and Spence the favorite. Thurman Is up In the air. Who do you have winning the GGG-Canelo fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      I agree, no doubt May Is still a top fighter and Mac Is certainly better than he was given credit for. If I was betting, I would make Crawford and Spence the favorite. Thurman Is up In the air. Who do you have winning the GGG-Canelo fight?
      GGG but Canelo looks in terrific shape near 160...thing is, GGG can do everything Canelo does but better and with more height and reach. Not sure if Canelo can counter him from afar like he did Khan for instance.

Should be a FOTY candidate either way.

Comment

I'm a boxing fan and I am no way in denial. Mcgregor won 4 rounds, Mayweather won 4 (had one even). McGregor was out landing and out boxing Mayweather at times. What let him down was what has let him down at times in the UFC and that is poor stamina. Is it genetics? Is it poor nutrition? I don't know but with a better negine he owuld have stopped Fraud Mayweather.

I was probably one of the worst anti-Mac perpetrators on this forum, I labeled him a clown, a joke etc etc but he has earned a lot of respect from me after last night.

Mac has a boxing career ahead of him if he so wishes.

This I was truly shocked how well conor did and like yourself I had it pretty even I know conor won the first 3 for sure.

But to speak on his stamina issue even conor knows it, Ive been watching a few post fight interview on youtube and he says its a problem hes aware of and he just dont know why he has them, he gets fatigue in the mid orunds in the gym, says he feels it in mma etc he said he knows it and he been trying to correct it but still hasnt been able to. I think dude might be deficient in some damn vitamins somewhere or something low iron having or something.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
          This I was truly shocked how well conor did and like yourself I had it pretty even I know conor won the first 3 for sure.

But to speak on his stamina issue even conor knows it, Ive been watching a few post fight interview on youtube and he says its a problem hes aware of and he just dont know why he has them, he gets fatigue in the mid orunds in the gym, says he feels it in mma etc he said he knows it and he been trying to correct it but still hasnt been able to. I think dude might be deficient in some damn vitamins somewhere or something low iron having or something.
          do you understand he cuts a ton of weight. of couse it effects your stamina.

Comment

Everyone hating on Mayweather, Please don't forget it was the fans who wanted this, Mayweather and Conor sold the gullible fans what they wanted. a 40 Y/O boxing technician took care of business, there was no other way this fight was going to end!!!

Comment

GGG but Canelo looks in terrific shape near 160...thing is, GGG can do everything Canelo does but better and with more height and reach. Not sure if Canelo can counter him from afar like he did Khan for instance.

Should be a FOTY candidate either way.
              Yes It should, really anticipating this fight. I am also leaning toward GGG but this has to be one of the most difficult fights to pick In a long time. It Is about as close to 50/50 as you can get. Looks like Cotto Is looking to get the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                do you understand he cuts a ton of weight. of couse it effects your stamina.
                I dont think he cuts more than any other fighter/mma person does.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
                  Lets be real.

Floyd was eating burger king and partying in his strip club every day for the week leading up to the fight. He's 40 years old and coming off a two year layoff. He did not take McGregor seriously at all, he even admitted that he did no actual sparring the month leading up to the fight. And despite all that he still made McGregor look foolish. I know certain people are desperate for ANYTHING to criticize Floyd over, but come on. Conor gassed in three rounds and only "won" two round because Floyd was throwing no punches early. Mayweather was old, out of shape, didn't take this fight seriously at all and he still beat McGregor's ass. He didn't "underestimate" McGregor, he just knew he could put in minimal effort and still beat him easily
                  So Floyd done a Duran lol. Floyd fan's usually give Duran fans abuse for excuses like this. When it fits though. There's solid evidence and sources to back up Durans partying and lack of training though. Where is your evidence Floyd was partying and not giving a **** for this fight other than what comes out Floyds mouth ?

Comment

Floyd put on a show, he let Conor win the first three rounds by not throwing anything, then he went ggg and walked the con down, He could of honestly ended it whenever he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                      Yes It should, really anticipating this fight. I am also leaning toward GGG but this has to be one of the most difficult fights to pick In a long time. It Is about as close to 50/50 as you can get. Looks like Cotto Is looking to get the winner.
                      Yep the first time since aj v wlad I can honestly say it's almost 50/50 for a big boxing event.

As for cotto the guy needs to work his way back. Kamegai is a journeyman and cotto refused to fight ggg years ago. Flat out refused.

Comment

Working...
                      X