No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in him, Burns is Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick a fork in him, Burns is Done

It hurts me to say this as I'm a huge Burns fan. He was at one time one of the leading super featherweights on the planet, then he became one of the best lightweights on the planet and it seemed he could only get better. Then something happened, maybe it was Beltran, maybe it was age, I just don't know.

Burns has made himself some money, he has fought at the highest level and won more often than not. If his last fight wasn't a big enough hint, this one certainly was. Burns looked fat, bloated, tired and old. That's the sign of a shot fighter. He should retire here and now.

What do you all think?

I remember when him and Broner were suppose to fight,seemed like yesterday

Comment

he's un tha wae doun, we hafta accept thaat

- Jim Watt

Comment

Burns is like a cintron, baldomir, rahman,,, good enough to get his hands a belt, but not good enough to hold it for very long or have long term success

Comment

Did burns lose again.

Comment

Beltran beat him...

Burns is 178 cm (!?!) and he fought at the lightweight lately!!!
            At jr. welterweight he is fat and slow... And he is almost as "big" as Golovkin...

Comment

Age. Burns use to train like a beast and rely on fitness. His training was pretty intense. As you age, you can't rely on that.

Comment

He was never that good to begin with. I don't know why people romanticise over him

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                  Age. Burns use to train like a beast and rely on fitness. His training was pretty intense. As you age, you can't rely on that.
                  unless your name is bernard hopkins of course

Comment

people said jones was done 10 years ago but he just scored a first round ko in his last fight proving he's still got it

Comment

Working...
                    X