Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 years ago today...Lennox Lewis vs Oliver McCall rematch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years ago today...Lennox Lewis vs Oliver McCall rematch...

The infamous Oliver McCall meltdown happened 20 years ago today... Still one of the weirdest things I ever saw watching boxing...

Not only in boxing but literally one of the weirdest things in sports history. An event on that massive scale.

Comment

I can't agree more.. one of the weirdest boxing moments..
      Lennox though won his titles back wasn't happy the way he did..

Comment

Should not have been allowed to fight.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/on-t...-lennox-lewis/

Kind of a hollow victory for Lewis.

Comment

Lennox Lewis still had contempt for Oliver Mccall inside of the ring, when he saw that he was breaking down mentally! But i don't think it was a hallow victory, i genuinely believe Lennox Lewis's presence inside of the ring influenced Mccall's break down...(Never mind the cocaine).

Comment

What? Had a mental breakdown due to Lewis's presence? McCall was a sparring partner for Mike Tyson...I really doubt that. He wasn't mentally ready but the greed of Don King put him there anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/11/sp...t-of-bout.html

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
              What? Had a mental breakdown due to Lewis's presence? McCall was a sparring partner for Mike Tyson...I really doubt that. He wasn't mentally ready but the greed of Don King put him there anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/11/sp...t-of-bout.html
              Yes! he had a mental break down due to Lennox Lewis's presence.......people can talk all they want about drugs, but he was not the first fighter to take recreational drugs! Oliver Mccall was always a unstable character!

Comment

Definitely one of the most bizarre things I've seen in the ring. I remember sitting there just looking at the tv in silence like....wait....what!?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  i genuinely believe Lennox Lewis's presence inside of the ring influenced Mccall's break down...(Never mind the cocaine).
                  You should make this your Sig

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Yes! he had a mental break down due to Lennox Lewis's presence.......people can talk all they want about drugs, but he was not the first fighter to take recreational drugs! Oliver Mccall was always a unstable character!
                    I have that fight on my FB. There is the post fight presser with McCall & an interview with Lennox years later. He was totally messed up. He just got out of jail & rehab. He had no business fighting & the post fight presser he sounds pretty loopy... Lennox even said he should not be in the ring. He thought he was playing possum & was hesitant to jump on his because of the first fight knockout. Then he started crying which McCall claimed he was getting warmed up & was ready to unleash...lol

Comment

Working...
                    X