Bored at the gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored at the gym

Hey guys

As long as i remember i have been active, soccer as a youth, then in my teens i started lifting, then i had a couple of years boxing, and went back to lifting. But lately i started to find it a burden, i ****ing hate going lifting. I dont really train for looks, but to be healthy and active. I have been thinking about changing my workout routine, and the whole aspect of training for me. So i would hear my boxing brothers and sisters, if you could advice my new routine.

Running or crosstrainer 3 times a week, beginner plan my cardio is ****, goal is to hit 5 km in these two.

3x10 in theses

superman

plank

split squat

then i do some shadow boxing 2-3 rounds of 3 minutes

kicks on a heavy bag 3-5 rounds of 2-3 minutes.

Not many exercises, focus is on health and cardio, and keeping my boxing technique up to date. I dont compete anymore, and dont want to. Just stay active and healthy 3 times a week.

I know you said you dont compete but spar at least (i didn't see you mention that) just to keep your instincts up and get you on edge and get rid of some of that energy thats hard to dump off sometimes.

If I’m honest and if most of us are who have competed or at least sparred heavily or with some form of frequency, boxing training isnt the same when the stakes arent getting punched in the face. It’s fun but every now and then you need to be a man if youre getting that itch you can’t quite scratch.

Maybe consider some BJJ or something as well? I know it’s boxing here but it might be a good and needed change of pace.

I feel like its harder for some people who have been athletes before than people who just enjoy lifting for the benefit/aesthetic but arent particularly competitive. Lifting is fun but when you’re already in okay shape and arent trying to bulk up or change your physique up too much it can be kind of a drag. Like..it’s not dynamic enough. I go through my slumps like that and try to go swim til I feel like I’m dying and end up doing more sprints and longer runs outside than lifting. Basically I just try to get out more. Go to the beach sometimes, when I can go for a run there at around sunrise also, go to the lil workout park by my house and do calisthenics.

I’ll get like cabin fever lifting man its a thing sometimes.

Comment

If you want to learn how to construct a weight-training program that suits your purposes, the free information at baye.com is an ideal starting point; if you would like additional links and books, just ask.

Comment

My Youtube app and Netflix keeps me very distracted, in good way, during workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
          Hey guys

As long as i remember i have been active, soccer as a youth, then in my teens i started lifting, then i had a couple of years boxing, and went back to lifting. But lately i started to find it a burden, i ****ing hate going lifting. I dont really train for looks, but to be healthy and active. I have been thinking about changing my workout routine, and the whole aspect of training for me. So i would hear my boxing brothers and sisters, if you could advice my new routine.

Running or crosstrainer 3 times a week, beginner plan my cardio is ****, goal is to hit 5 km in these two.

3x10 in theses

superman

plank

split squat

Not many exercises, focus is on health and cardio, and keeping my boxing technique up to date. I dont compete anymore, and dont want to. Just stay active and healthy 3 times a week.
          You should just do pull ups... push ups, dips... burpees...

Hand stand pressups.... if you can... then get monkey bars..

I’ve yanked ex body builders... out of their power suits... mopped em fast.... I used to lift.... real weight...

Never mind..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

I’ve yanked ex body builders... out of their power suits... mopped em fast.... I used to lift.... real weight...

Never mind..
            I want vids!

Comment

You could try a different kind of lifting program than you usually do for example if you have done 3 sets of 10 for a long time try doing 10 sets of 3. Or you could try any strenght focused programs like starting strenght or wendlers 5/3/1 if you have done hypertrophy based programs.
              For cardio do something you like, running outside, boxing, some teamsports i personally get really bored if i try doing basic cardio on a crosstrainer or most cardio machines inside. Some times i do some barbell complexes for cardio and they are a nice change of pace. Anyway find the way you actually enjoy training.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
                Hey guys

3x10 in theses

superman

plank

split squat

Sounds like excuses to me.

“I am not fit as it’s boring”.

Park the excuses outside the gym buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Sounds like excuses to me.

“I am not fit as it’s boring”.

Park the excuses outside the gym buddy.
                  Same thing I said to Dan Rafael!

Comment

Working...
                  X