No announcement yet.

How Will gennady Look If He Finally Fights HOF Level Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will gennady Look If He Finally Fights HOF Level Opponent

great, good, decent, mediocre, below average, poor, or ****?

No idea.

Are there any HOF fighters at MW? I think he'll look good against Saunders though.

Comment

who is HOF worthy at MW? Who is HOF worthy/potential at 168 without Froch and Ward? There's no one.

You guys are putting GGG into an unnecessary position and all he can really do, is beat the best available opposition. He has done that with Lem, Macklin, Murray and a couple others. Now, with a slightly different look in the division, with BJS, Eubank, Lee and possibly Jacobs, there are some fights out there for him.

Wade is a terrible option but what is he supposed to do?

Comment

We don't know. Plenty of fighters have looked great fighting guys levels below them and get embarrassed when fighting a true elite opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
          No idea.

Are there any HOF fighters at MW? I think he'll look good against Saunders though.
          You have an idea but need to bravely put it on the line.

All boxing fans have an idea of how fighters will perform. It's how you make predictions to keep the sport fun for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            who is HOF worthy at MW? Who is HOF worthy/potential at 168 without Froch and Ward? There's no one.

You guys are putting GGG into an unnecessary position and all he can really do, is beat the best available opposition. He has done that with Lem, Macklin, Murray and a couple others. Now, with a slightly different look in the division, with BJS, Eubank, Lee and possibly Jacobs, there are some fights out there for him.

Wade is a terrible option but what is he supposed to do?
            Ambitious fighters throughout history have changed weight divisions in pursuit of greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              You have an idea but need to bravely put it on the line.

All boxing fans have an idea of how fighters will perform. It's how you make predictions to keep the sport fun for yourself.
              But there aren't any HOF fighters at MW though.

There are some good fighters but HOF? Nah.

Comment

All those questions will be answered when he gets those fights

Comment

But there aren't any HOF fighters at MW though.

There are some good fighters but HOF? Nah.
                  My interpretation of this is you believe he has enough to beat Alvarez.
                  I understand that and being the Lineal champ is more prestigious.

I just think that Floyd would only fight GGG if he had a real shot at history. (plus beating the guy who took out Oscars cash cow would always make Floyd happy).
                  At the very least it takes a decent performance to beat Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    My interpretation of this is you believe he has enough to beat Alvarez.
                    At the very least it takes a decent performance to beat Alvarez
                    Yeah, I think he could beat Canelo, but I don't see Canelo as a HOF fighter (you're talking to a guy who believes he got a gift against Trout and lost to Lara).

Comment

Working...
                    X