Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Where Did Rigo Hurt His Hand? In The Dressing Room?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be the only one who thinks there was something fishy about Rigos performance .

Loma is a beast though

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
      He landed 15 punches ffs its physically impossible to hurt your hand with gloves on after 15 punches esp. him being a pro.

I knew not to believe the hype about "2 gold medalist going to war" I remember thinking since when has Olympic boxing been entertaining in any way whatsoever?

But the bottom line was that Rigo had zero intention of winning that fight,no pro fighter can get hit with 35 mostly grazing punches & get so damaged they quit,esp. at this weight,it wasn't like loma was landing cleanly,or ever hurt rigo,Rigo just pulled a chavez Jr.

It seems like when fighters have nothing left to fight for nowadays they quit like complete cowards since they only cared about that last payday.

Shameful times...

Oh yeah & no I don't think it would've mattered if rigo didn't coward out. He would've still been kod.
      Actually if I think about it, it should have been Loma who could have complained about injuring his hands with the way Rigo's armpits were locked on to Loma's wrists. Loma couldn't escape Rigo's armpit death trap.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMasChenko View Post
        I must be the only one who thinks there was something fishy about Rigos performance .

Loma is a beast though
        yeah, rigo barely tried to fight back. but why

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
          yeah, rigo barely tried to fight back. but why
          Im unsure its fishy, but people aren't realizing this. Rigo has never fought like that. Literally threw one big punch the whole fight. Paid in full by the promoter?

EDIT - before people say "he was outclassed and neutralized" .. look deeper , watch the fight back

Comment

• Quote:
            Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            So what will you say when the doc says the hand is injured?

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
            Ill say, isnt he supposed to be a fighter? Many many champions have fought with broken hands. I remember gatti koing guy with his broken hand, which had been injure for 3-4 rds at the time. Damn the quitter mindset of this fighter and his fans is funny as ****
            And Gatti didn't have anywhere near the mindset or talent Rigo has, and we saw how beatup he was at the end of his career. Laugh all you want, I rarely ever call fighters quitters unless it's something blatantly obvious. Unless you're in the ring fighting that fight yourself, IMO you have no biz condemning any fighter in a situation like this.

Comment

• Quote:

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
              I've watched the fight a couple of times now
              There's only a hand full of shots rigo landed hard and there was no wince after any of the shots
              Maybe it is bust and I'm being hard on rigo but it looked a bit off
              I need to watch it again, but really, like I've said elsewhere, we didn't have any history from Rigo of something like this happening before. But like you eluded, it appears the weight/size difference was a bigger factor than Rigo thought it would be. Anyway, I rarely ever judge fighters as quitters. I'm not in that fight, in the ring. IMO the only one who sees the whole thing clearly is the fighter and maybe their trainer. Just my 37 cents worth.

Comment

• Quote:

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                Boxers fight with sore hands all the time. He wanted out of the fight because he couldn't lay a glove on him. He quit. Plain and simple.
                I need to watch it again, but really, like I've said elsewhere, we didn't have any history from Rigo of something like this happening before. It appears the weight/size difference was a bigger factor than Rigo thought it would be. Anyway, I rarely ever judge fighters as quitters. I'm not in that fight, in the ring. IMO the only one who sees the whole thing clearly is the fighter and maybe their trainer. Just my 37 cents worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  To be honest it looks like Rigo was probably paid off by Bob Arum (that's what I think now) and Ward wasn't, that's the difference. People can hate on Ward he'd do whatever it takes to win. This Rigo/Loma fight looks like it was fixed, like Rigo took the money to lose

The point is I refuse to believe Rigo is a coward, he needed the money, if that's the case we shouldn't acknowledge this fight
                  Lol what, you have made a serious allegation there with no proof just trying to help a fighter keep face. He quit that's a fact, I liked Rigo and was routing for him in this fight but i'm not going to blindly defend him when he's clearly in the wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Quote:

And Gatti didn't have anywhere near the mindset or talent Rigo has, and we saw how beatup he was at the end of his career. Laugh all you want, I rarely ever call fighters quitters unless it's something blatantly obvious. Unless you're in the ring fighting that fight yourself, IMO you have no biz condemning any fighter in a situation like this.
                    Ummm... They said it was bruised not broken lol. Not that confirmation was needed. And boxing on tv is entertainment, and open to a bit of ridicule. Its ok lol

Comment

Working...
                    X