No announcement yet.

Canelo is fighting GGG off a year long layoff and knee surgery. WOW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
    Most people doesn't give a F about a positive testing, they're still paying to watch boxing #1 attraction
    We're talking about Canelo, not Joshua. When Canelo can do nearly 1m PPV's and 80,000 capacity stadium against someone as unknown as Takam, then he might be considered #1 attraction. Did he even do 300k PPV's v Liam Smith?

Anyway back on topic, most people still thought he lost and wouldn't have accepted anything else but a rematch. It's one thing being a big attraction but when most of those people you attract thought you had judges on your side, then it puts you in a position where you have to try to put it right to redeem yourself and nothing else will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      End thread
      Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Canelo can't afford to do anything else. His reputation is already in tatters after being dirty, pulling out of the rematch and getting a gift draw in the eyes of most people.

If he wanted to redeem himself, he had little choice. Same reason he had to give GGG a very good %. It isn't charity, so he wasn't just trying get the fight done. He needs this for his career moving forward.
      I agree whole heartedly. Either he wins or he's done. You don't get caught cheating while you have a rematch and get to move on. Either he fought GGG or it would have followed him for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        GGG fought Jacobs, then Canelo, then scheduled a Canelo rematch which was cancelled due to Canelo cheating.

Yes, Vanes was a can, but he had Saunders lined up before the Canelo rematch, he's fighting Canelo again next, and all signs point to Saunders after that if he wins.

So potentially he'll have Jacobs, Canelo twice, and Saunders as four of five fights. C'mon.
        The only reason Saunders' name is being brought up is because Jermall Charlo is the next fight and Golovkin and his camp likely don't think that his rep can stand another instance of handing over a belt to avoid another fight.

Tom Loeffler was the only saying **** about the Saunders fight being made; you didn't hear anything from Billy Joe or Golovkin and Frank Warren was on IFL saying that that was full of ****.

Golovkin is going to pull a Maidana, take his two paydays, and bounce, lol

Comment

you'd almost think Canelo always took 8 months off between fights...

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            That boy is different

Meanwhile 97G decided to cherrypick a tune up fight against VANES despite having over a month to negotiate a fight against derevyanchenko, Andrade or even billy joe saunders at a later date.

Yet triple cherry is the one you admire?
            That lil coward in your avi is all I needed to know about your boxing knowledge, kid.

Comment

layoff? Canelo's layoff was his own fault as was Golovkin's layoff. Golovkin has been in the ring less than 5 minutes himself since last September.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                It's wasn't the other way around? I tought Canelo was the bum according to Lil g fans
                canelo is a bum for having to cheat against another bum, im not a fan of both so you can kick rocks. so ggg hasnt been fighting cab drivers? good to know then because reading all these comments about mr.97k fighting no one but bums i thought he was really a bum.

Comment

You deserve the Noble Peace Prize!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    why is it impressive? thought ggg a bum doe??? so canelo cherry picking once again? lol
                    I don't call boxers "bums" sir

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                      That lil coward in your avi is all I needed to know about your boxing knowledge, kid.
                      lol a keyboard warrior is calling a professional boxer a "coward"

Comment

Working...
                      X