Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Banned For 1-Year Over Tests, But Can Box Overseas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    That's hilarious. If you're dirty and you know it, just don't show up for your testing and then play the dumb card! "What? the testing was at 2459 first street?? I thought you said 2549 Hurst street! Sonofabitch!"
    They dated him in France for a test when he was in a training camp in the US with Virgil.

That is just utterly stupid and unfair to a man who gave to your country his first HW gold medal.

They just don't like the fact that he's training in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      They dated him in France for a test when he was in a training camp in the US with Virgil.

That is just utterly stupid and unfair to a man who gave to your country his first HW gold medal.

It's the responsibility of the fighter to let the testers know where he is. Same for everyone being tested, Wilder, GGG, anyone. You can't just leave the country and not mention it. That's the rule and Yoka is the only boxer who has managed to 'forget' it 4 times. Up to you if you want to accept his excuse for 1 time but 4 times, really?
      Last edited by Clegg; 07-07-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

come on man, hes cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          It's the responsibility of the fighter to let the testers know where he is. Same for everyone being tested, Wilder, GGG, anyone. You can't just leave the country and not mention it. That's the rule and Yoka is the only boxer who has managed to 'forget' it 4 times. Up to you if you want to accept his excuse for 1 time but 4 times, really?
          I agree except that Wilder, GGG trains and fights in the US.

They have been some mistakes from the french administration too here, they gonna contest that decision and will probably break it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
            come on man, hes cheating.
            Saying with a Joe Joyce avi...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
              A year...for MISSING a test. Hmmmmm...and a cheat with a lame excuse gets a 6 months sentence in the USA
              6 months? I hope that isn’t true. Especially with the number of American posters that like to accuse any boxer that isn’t American on here. France have just ban their golden boy here, without any bias..

Comment

They have been some mistakes from the french administration too here, they gonna contest that decision and will probably break it.
                If Wilder or GGG left the US to train elsewhere and didn't notify the testing agency they'd also be at fault.

Yoka's legal team may be able to bully them through the threat of legal action into adjusting the penalty but that won't change what the fighter has done.

Comment

If they book him for a test when he clearly told them where he would be (America) then that’s their fault. I haven’t read how they came to their decision to ban him, but I would like to know about the other 3 times he miss a test. For me this actually look good on the French testing agency, they ban their golden goose, this would almost never happen in another country.

Comment

Where Wilder, GGG train is irrelevant.

If you're going to be over in the US at a training camp then that is something that is planned and thus neither he nor his team should have had any issue informing the AFLD of that fact so he could be tested at a different date whilst he was still in France. Even if Yoka himself forgot how could his entire team... on 4 separate occasions?

Kinda laughable that so many posters here are actively defending a guy from running away from drug tests, whilst other fighters that always come up clean get lambasted for being a PED cheat because they look big.
                    Last edited by Deus; 07-08-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

It's stupid to ask someone to show up for a RANDOM drug test in France when the guy is in training camp in the US...

Tony wasn't going to leave the camp and take flight over the atlantic.

The french agency is just stupid here, Tony should be tested by the US agencies when he's training there. The problem is he has a french license...and must be tested in France...
                      Not to mention the French are very arrogant and the thought of an American agency overseeing their findings is not going to happen . However god forbid let’s assume Yoka or anyone else was on drugs all they would have to do is train outside France and they are exempt from French testing? It’s an inconvenience but it’s the only way to secure sovereignty and to send out a positive message to potential drug cheats that missing tests will also be punished, no matter the individual...... I F#ck with Yoka heavy and have followed his amateur career not to mention his sparring sessions with Joshua this isn’t a hating exercise on my part but a rule is a rule

Comment

Working...
                      X