No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis

I was watching Lennox Lewis interviews and he always said he would come back for a RJJ fight. Stating that if Roy wanted to be a legit HW champ that he needs to fight him and not John Ruiz.

How do you see Roy Jones Jr vs Lennox Lewis playing out?

Lennox by brutal K.O

Comment

Er Lewis by murder, huge mismatch

Comment

Lewis would have KO'd him in the 1st. Jones trying to tie up Lewis would have been a funny sight.

Comment

Lewis brutal KO via Jab in round 1.

Comment

Lewis way too big and skilled. Roy Jones was great from 160-175, but HW was way too big for him.

Comment

miss match..big time

Comment

That would look like King kong trying to **** a ant

Comment

Roy Jones Jr was one of the most physically dominating athletes boxing have ever seen. During his prime he honestly looked unbeatable, and probably was.
                  Let's keep things in perspective here.
                  1-Roy never wanted to fight a super heavy weight, he always said he's goal is to fight a small HW or a HW that is tailor made for him. Ala John Ruiz.

2- Lennox Lewis was not just some really big guy. Lennox Lewis is without a doubt the greatest super heavyweight of all times. In resume and in h2h. Wladimir Klithscko is a close 2nd and gaining by the day, but for now Lennox is still supreme.

Lewis had many styles, he could jab you to a slow death via David Tua or he could crush you and shake up the Vegas odds via Andrew Golota. As great as Roy was, HW was far from his best and if he did fight Lennox, I feel he will look like superman for the first 1-2 rounds before being caught by a big Lewis right hand and it will end very very badly for Roy from there on out.

I got great respect for Lewis and Roy, I'm not being sadistic when I say this, but I FEEL that Roy's career should have ended on the back end of a Lewis right hand. He should have fought Lennox, lost and retired. Instead of getting knocked out by the baddest man on the planet, he fought beyond his years and had to suffer defeats against people he would have clowned during his prime. It's very depressing seeing Roy lose to guys like Danny Green.
                  Still it is his life and for sure he is not broke. So best of luck to him.
                  I will always remember Roy and the way he beat James Toney, not today's Roy.

Comment

Roy would have no chance

Comment

Working...
                    X