Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is a legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early in his career I saw him get KO'd a couple times in devastating fashion. A lot of times fighters are never the same after a serious KO like that, but he accomplished so much after that it's pretty amazing. I'm sure being a southpaw helped a lot but hats off to a boxing great.

Hope he retires before looking real bad out there or sustaining too much damage.

Comment

You don't have to love Pacquiao, but you have to respect what he brought to boxing and what he acheived. If you don't, you're not a boxing fan. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        just google it. the dodgers surgeon performed the surgery
        Could have been a minor one or it could have been from something else.All I know is he used hand ALL fight.He looked no different than anyone else who fights a master defence fighter.(May,Sweet pea)they throw less punches because you cant throw 2,3,and 4 when you miss #1.Pac threw with same force as any other of his fights.And somone with a torn cuff would bring that up 1st in interview after.He said nothing the same guy who complained of his feet after 1st J M fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
          I've had a severely torn rotator cuff before. I was doing pullups and decided to hang pull with one arm. It hurt, didn't think much of it that night as I went out to drink with friends. Maybe the alcohol numbed the feeling of pain, but foook the next day and week it was uttter pain I had to go get it checked and sure enough I had torn it. I let the scar heal itself but that took 4 months.

How Pac could perform with a severely torn rotator consistently and not have the corner complain about it or tend to his shoulder... Pac didn't show pain... Arum said Pac had hurt that shoulder a week or two before the fight. So how was Pac doing mitt work for the press or hitting the heavy bag?

This is common sense man...

In the end, maybe in 30 years time, when people will roll their eyes to what's obvious, that generation will feel sad for those who fell for it in 2015

Are you talking about Floyd Mayweather and what he was able to do with a torn rotator cuff?

After what you said, do not tell me that you actually believe that Floyd had a "torn rotator cuff"?

Here is one of many of Floyd's comments as to why he had a poor performance:

"I tore my rotator cuff. My arm was killing me. It was hurting so bad, it was one of the most painful feelings that I ever had." - Floyd Mayweather

2 quick Left hooks. No grimace on Floyd's face.

A left handed punch to the body then uses his Left Elbow (above shoulder) aggressively with force.

3 punch combo .... all using his left arm.

Raises belts above his shoulder

Last edited by ADP02; 11-23-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            I defend Floyd on some points, he's a great boxer. Castillo beat him. Daggun is tough to refute. MAKA too...
            Me? I know Floyd is a hugger, possibly a cheater, but that fool can take a punch. I used to bet against him, but he always finds a way.. Mosley almost sparked him out, Floyd's instinct was to hold.

If Khan knew how to hug when hurt, he'd of done better. Can't fix a weak chin, Hunter taught him much...roach was wrong for him.

I stopped betting against Floyd after he beat Castillo in the rematch..he's slick....f floyd

Difference is that Floyd is allowed to get away with his tactics (hugging, elbowing,......) in VEGAS!

Khan got a point deducted for doing this plus another one.
            (Total - 2 points deducted in the same fight)

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Difference is that Floyd is allowed to get away with his tactics (hugging, elbowing,......) in VEGAS!

Yep, ployd!!!!!ployd is a great fighter, hugger, PAC & Marquez defeater

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                You don't have to love Pacquiao, but you have to respect what he brought to boxing and what he acheived. If you don't, you're not a boxing fan. Simple as.
                I agree man. We must have a lot of posters here who aren't really boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Why after looking after this list, am I still looking for the prime, all-time great fighters, Floyd has beaten.
                  Same amount hagler has....

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Bruh!! Bad example. Khans **** was OVERLY EXCESSIVE in the Peterson fight

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      The biggest One being his shoulder injury for the Floyd Mayweather fight.
                      You idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X