Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knee clicking when squatting, anyone experience this got any knee warm up advise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee clicking when squatting, anyone experience this got any knee warm up advise?

Seems like it goes away after fully warmed up but pretty annoying..

Anyone got any good warm ups for knees youd reccomend?

Mine clicks too sometimes. No pain. But I'm just resigned to the fact I will eventually need knee surgery.

Comment

yours click? mine usually crunch..sounds horrible but i have terrible knees and ive damaged them by playin soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
        Seems like it goes away after fully warmed up but pretty annoying..

Anyone got any good warm ups for knees youd reccomend?
        if it just clicked without hurting. that was just ok.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
          yours click? mine usually crunch..sounds horrible but i have terrible knees and ive damaged them by playin soccer

well sometimes its a crunching when warming up my knees in a circular motion, then the click on the way up from a squatting type movement..

damn...welcome me into the bad knee club

Comment

I get it too. Its not painful but incredibly annoying, like nails on a chalk board feeling except with your knees.
            I found building the muscle around the knee helps like on a stationary bike ( with some resistance)works great for me. As soon as i get lazy and the muscle fades then back comes the creaking.
            Last edited by Mr Bigglesworth; 09-04-2010, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bigglesworth View Post
              I get it too. Its not painful but incredibly annoying, like nails on a chalk board feeling except with your knees.
              I found building the muscle around the knee helps like on a stationary bike ( with some resistance)works great for me. As soon as i get lazy and the muscle fades then back comes the creaking.
              Yeah exactly no pain but really disctracting..
              Thanks for the info, Ill give it a try just need to dust off my exercise bike. Also I think leg extension I think builds the muscle around the knee cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bigglesworth View Post
                yupp no pain at all, it just feels like your leg is going to break apart in a matter of seconds cuz of the sound and feeling u get of the crunch...horrible

Comment

Same here, no pain at all, come to find out I had multiple meniscus tears and an osteocondral defect. Had surgery and now have screws in my knee. Building it back up. (my leg). Building your hamstrings and quads can help knees tremendously. My doctor is a surgeon who works with yanks, mets, an knicks players. According to him the hamstrings are the most important muscles for the knee, followed by quads. I sugges you guys get that checked out as soon as possible for your own sake, as I'm recovering I feel great but realize that if for any reason a screw decides to have it's way, I'll have cadaver parts put in. If you guys are lucky enough to catch it soon more power to you. You may still recieve proper rehab and avoid the possibility of surgery.

Comment

streanghten ur quads hamstrings, use bikes, leg press, stay away from leg extension machines as they are just a waste of time, when squating push through ur heels and keep ur knees in line with your second toe, ur knees are prbably clicking due to allignment problems, keep ur knees over second toes and this will help alot..

Comment

Working...
                    X