Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

But I thought he couldn't make 147 anymore so he was forced to go up two divisions to face GGG!!!! The lies, lmao

Brook ballooned up in weight to face Gennady Golovkin at the middleweight limit in September, scaling a massive 176 pounds one month before their fight before eventually losing out via fifth round stoppage in London, suffering a broken eye socket into the bargain.

As a mandatory bout with dangerous American Errol Spence draws near, Brook must decide whether to take on the undefeated and skillful challenger or move up in weight to campaign at super-welterweight.

"My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight. I've got Spence on the horizon and there's the likes of [WBC champion] Garcia and Amir Khan as well, but I don't know yet," Brook told ESPN.

"The eye socket is healing well, but I still have some stitches in my mouth where they went into my cheek during the operation.

"I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym and seeing what direction I'm heading in next. I need to make sure my eye is 100 percent before I start doing that. I'm looking at getting back in spring next year," he added.

UK rival Khan recently informed WBN he wants Brook to remain at 147 as a super-fight between the pair could only happen at the lower limit. The ex-super-lightweight king is set for a comeback of his own in 2017 and seems open to a meeting should an offer come his way.

Khan was stopped by Canelo Alvarez in six rounds when moving up himself in the spring but admitting to WBN facing the Mexican at 155 was a mistake.

https://goo.gl/60M1Px

He settled down in weight and? depends on the situation whether or not he settled on 160 from the ballooning in weight against Golovkin. He doesn't even know yet if he if would go down to welterweight. Hence the phrase "And Amir Khan, but I just don't know yet." He could be drained if he really would force himself to go back down after the jump. He's a Natural JMW fighting at welterweight.

Comment

These Britts are something else....Khan, Brook , Fury , Bellew , Haye....P4P the most cowardly lot in all of boxing.

Comment

This Guy is a nasty clown

Comment

bhawhawhawhawhahwhaw !!!!!

killing himself to make ww, my a55

Comment

He's a big WW but he can make it.

And there are people who say Brook and Golovkin are the same size

Comment

Naturally the same size though.

I'd like to see Golovkin try and make 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Naturally the same size though.

I'd like to see Golovkin try and make 147.
                GGG could make 154 probably.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He's a big WW but he can make it.

And there are people who say Brook and Golovkin are the same size
                  He does look like something straight out of Auschwitz when he makes 147 though.

154 is better suited for him. He looked solid at 160 imo, 154 would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    GGG could make 154 probably.
                    Look at his weighins , those next 6 lbs that would need to come off would be killer .

Comment

Working...
                    X