Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas recalls what it felt like to get hit by Felix Trinidad

Trinidad had a knee-buckling left hook.

now trinidad is a guy i think was cheating with his gloves/wraps

his power looked highly unnatural to me, until the glove fiasco, then it looked like what a normal puncher should look like

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

his power looked highly unnatural to me, until the glove fiasco, then it looked like what a normal puncher should look like
      Go back and look how much he committed on every left hook. He never disfigured people or cut people in a disproportional way, he just put people to sleep. You can't achieve that just by wrapping your hands certain way!

Comment

tito's shoulder cuff is spring-loaded. that left hook was beautiful.

now lets hear the "he had casts on his hands" story.

Comment

Tito had incredible power from 147-154. After the Hopkins beating, he never fully committed to his punches as he did in the years before. That's why he looked like he had less power.

People claiming cheat obviously have no idea what happened with Nazeem.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
            Go back and look how much he committed on every left hook. He never disfigured people or cut people in a disproportional way, he just put people to sleep. You can't achieve that just by wrapping your hands certain way!
            Even Foreman saw Tito's natural power. Referred to Tito as having "Once in a lifetime power."

Wraps don't give you the power Tito had. NO intelligent fighter is going to load his wraps to the point where he cannot lift his own arms by round 3 or affect his SPEED etc. What Bernard's camp did was mindgame 101 BS with Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
              Can't help but agree.

His power seemed "normal" because he was no longer at 147-54

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

Let me break it down for you.

Tito relied on his mother's chicken broth.

Manny relies on mysterious Ariza Shakes filled to the brim with designer peds.

Change your avatar and get back to me about "cheaters"

Manny ASTERISK WONDERBOY Pacquiao. "I am scared ob Needles"

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  Can't help but agree.

His power seemed "normal" because he was no longer at 147-54
                  Easy math. Agree 100%

Comment

Vargas ego is bruised for life. Poor dude is trying to make sense of the fact that Tito destroyed him. Wraps don't give you the KO power Tito had... If that was the case, Margarito and Resto would have had Tito power. Wraps CUT opponents and disfigure their faces. You don't get Trinidad power from magically wrapping your hands VEGAS LEGAL style in NYC as was the case.

Vargas does NOT want words with Tito because he knows Tito will put him to sleep bare knuckles.

Comment

Working...
                    X