Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Jacobs Fight Will Be Difficult Until I Impose My Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Jacobs needs to come out swinging and hit this guy often, frequently and repeatedly all over his body in order to weaken him. He has to bum rush him early.

It's the only way for Jacobs to win. He has to knock Canelo out. No feints, no footwork or boxing; Just slugging it out and he has the natural ability and punching power in order to do it.

If it gets into a scientific, thinking and technical boxing match up then Jacobs either loses by decision or TKO.
    I don't think a firefight with Canelo is in Jacobs' best interest. Canelo is strong, has a good chin and counterpunches with awkward combinations. What you suggest will make it easier for Canelo to win. He won't have to expend any energy chasing Jacobs and working his way in. But all in all, it would make for an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Problem with ggg is he has no 2nd gear....he showed in both fights he has no desire or ability to turn the dial up. He should not have lost either fight with Canelo. He thought he could win on jabbing alone. That’s just not going to cut it with the judges and boxing establishment who “needs” a popular Mexican who Mexican Americans will buy into
      Golvokin must have forgotten that jabbing alone is not "Mexican Style".

Comment

I believe it's either do or die for Daniel Jacobs. He is naturally the larger, stronger and more powerful of the two with the much bigger punch. So my question is what does he has to lose? He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He needs to throw many uppercuts and body shots in order to win. In other words, he has to beat Canelo to the punch by getting his punches off first.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
          4 to 1 favorite? That's ridiculous. This one is going to be close as hell.
          You have to remember that odds makers take many things in to account. Including the fact that Canelo gets questionable and often controversial score cards even when he is clearly dominated, as in the Mayweather fight. They are probably expecting a close fight, which is automatically presumed to be a decision for Canelo. Add the fact that they are in Vegas, and you have yourself 4-1 odds.

Comment

Jacobs gonna do the Trout stanky leg

Comment

Jacobs is picturing himself stronger and with better physical attributes because of his size but he’s going to have a rude awakening. I think canelo is stronger and just look at that neck. Jacobs might be bigger but frail in comparison

Comment

it will be difficult until canelo imposes his judges on jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I believe it's either do or die for Daniel Jacobs. He is naturally the larger, stronger and more powerful of the two with the much bigger punch. So my question is what does he has to lose? He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He needs to throw many uppercuts and body shots in order to win. In other words, he has to beat Canelo to the punch by getting his punches off first.

Canelo is VERY sharp

he will force Jacobs to be defensively responsible

Comment

I think Canelo will be a combination of..... too sharp, too smart, and too strong, for Jacobs..... over the course of 12 rounds

great fight

best of luck to both guys

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Going to be a good fight. I got Nelo.
                      I believe it will be a boring fight. Expecting the Canelo vs GGG 1 version where he loses but gets gifted a decision either draw or contoversial win.

Everyone boos Canelo in the "Loser's Bracket".

Comment

Working...
                      X