Black eye questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black eye questions

Greetings fellow puglists.

I've a couple of eye questions for ya. Bear in mind I'm not fighting competitively, but I am light sparring regularly with my trainer.

First up - I now have another black eye, second one in about three weeks on the same eye. The strange thing is I don't remember being hit on that eye. I did receive a straight to the bridge of the nose though.

It seems almost that wherever I get hit on the head, I get a black eye on my right eye! It's not a bad one, doesn't puff up or hurt, more the type of one that makes it look like I'm wearing eyeshadow (no ****). Usually goes after about 4 days.

Do any of you experience this phenomena - for example you get hit on the left eye socket, yet get a black eye on the right hand side?

Also - with light sparring, what exactly is the risk of damaging the eye itself? My right eye happens to be my "better" eye - I have slightly lopsided vision. Short of getting a thumb in the eye, I can't see that with gloves on, they eye socket would allow for any connection with the eye itself?

I don't think we're hitting nearly hard enough to detach a retina or anything like that.

Also - I do wear 'em with pride, but what's my best bet for taking down the bruising quickly? Arnica? Witch Hazel?

Cheers.

put a boiled egg on it

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
      put a boiled egg on it
      then take a photo an use it as your picture on here!

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        then take a photo an use it as your picture on here!
        It actually works, a typical Asian technique

Comment

Lol so the hard boiled egg thing - like the raw steak thing, right? I can see that it's the same kind of shape as the eye socket.

Comment

put vaseline all over your face and in your nose to avoid bruises and cuts.

Comment

Yeah, happened to me once or twice at MMA. Don't remember getting caught but 30 mins later my next sparring partner told me I should look in the mirror. Was a decent shiner.

If you have the patience to keep your eye close for a while rub some arnica gel around it. Does wonders for all bruises.

To prevent it in future. Bit of vaseline around your eyes, nose and cheeks does a good job. Or just keep your hands up. :P

Comment

Working...
              X