Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets speak FACTS. Hopkins, DLH & Pacquiao all rank higher than Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BHOP PAC > Floyd

Comment

24-0-0-0 against people that won at least one world title.

Pacquiao, Mosley, De La Hoya, Canelo, Marquez, Castillo (twice), Maidana (twice), Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, Cotto, Gatti, Corrales, C. Hernandez, G. Hernandez, Guerrero, Berto, Ortiz, Vargas, Chavez, Corley, Mitchell.

Show me anybody else with 24 world titlists on their resume without taking a single L.

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
        Pac definitely over Mayweather.
        Hopkins you can debate it
        I would favor May over DLH.

Your valid with your Mayweather argument though.
        He didn’t fight 07 Cotto. He fought 2012 Cotto
        He didn’t fight 08 Pac. He fought 2015 Pac

He gets props tho in which ppl don’t like to give like the 2007 year which made him famous. Beating DLH and Hatton

With that being said. Mayweather is one of the most skillful fighters ever but even more so was a better business man. Reason why fighters get paid a lot now. So like Tim Bradley said. “ let’s all pay homage to money May” *starts throwing 100$ on table lol

Mayweather wasted good fights in pure primes. Not everybody takes care of their bodies like him or BHOP

I got Pac, BHOP over Floyd
        Floyd is older than Cotto and Pacquiao. He was more washed up than they were at the time of their fights; especially his hands, which were as brittle as saltine *******s by that point.

If he had fought them earlier he would have won more easily.

Comment

Well I don't think anyone genuinely think Floyd is ranked higher than Pac historically. I think it's generally accepted Floyd is second behind pac, but maybe people have been brainwashed into thinking floyds that high? Maybe bh is higher?
          But I think it's ok to have Floyd higher than bh.

Comment

Mayweather is the greatest. He beat at least 10 fighters better than Pac anyway. Pac is good but not great, lost too many fights to be great. He lost 11 times! 7 officially, but also Marquez 1,2 and 3 and he lost Bradley 2 as well. Bradley also won the first fight. So Pac lost 11 times.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
              In my opinion he was a better all round fighter than Roy. Roy was more exciting, but that doesn't make him better.
              I'd say RJJ was both more exciting, and better. However, I think there are two caveats to that worth mentioning.

1) He wasn't better technically. He relied too much on his godly athletic ability. While it lasted he was the best.

2) May was hampered by hand injuries. If his hands had been less prone to getting busted, we might have seen an even more impressive Floyd throughout his entire career.

Comment

lol only on boxingscene do people list two guys that took L's from floyd and rate them higher.

and lol at bhop. Floyds resume is superior and he is p4p superior in every way. At the same weight, Floyd would shut out bhop on the cards. Floyd has a higher ring IQ while being more athletically gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  I'd say RJJ was both more exciting, and better. However, I think there are two caveats to that worth mentioning.

1) He wasn't better technically. He relied too much on his godly athletic ability. While it lasted he was the best.

2) May was hampered by hand injuries. If his hands had been less prone to getting busted, we might have seen an even more impressive Floyd throughout his entire career.
                  Like I said, Floyd was a more complete, fundamentally solid fighter. Roy had supreme natural athleticism and speed, which he relied on too much.
                  He always had flaws in his defence, left his chin in the air etc. Eventually this came back to bite him in the ass.
                  Floyd didn’t have flaws like that, which was why he was able to age so well and still not lose. He had the solid base and ring IQ which Roy didn’t. Roy was always still trying to fight like he was in his prime, even when he no longer had lightening reflexes. This is when the leaky defence he always had became a lot more visible.
                  Last edited by apollocreed; 07-20-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                    DLH was ROBBED vs Tito and also vs roided up prime Shane.

Floyd faced senior citizen Shane without steroids and almost got put to sleep lol.

Canelo losing to Floyd doesnt count because of the catchweight. Nelo is still undefeated.

DLH faced KILLERS in their primes nonstop. he ranks higher than Floyd in the history books.
                    Lol and what about all the catch weight fights Canelo demanded? Do they not count either?
                    Total double standard and hypocrisy.

De la Hoya only had himself to blame for the Trinidad loss. He gave it away by running too much in the second half of the fight.
                    He lost the first Moseley fight too.
                    Chavez and Whitaker were past their best when he fought them also, no different to Floyd beating Moseley and Oscar when they were past prime.

Comment

Of course they do (BHop being arguable)... You will see how media and boxing politics corrupted contemporary history when you see people ranking TBE (not The Best Ever) higher than GrandPac and DLH in some All-time P4P and GOAT lists...

Comment

Working...
                      X