No announcement yet.

Carlos Takam = modern day Evander Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Holyfield had Manuel Steward in the 2nd Bowe fight . Which was less toe to toe .

Its what Tyson didnt have in against Holyfield . Had he still remained patient he may win ,he unraveled fast ? He didnt throw many combos ,he rocked Holyfield with an upper cut briefly in the beginning ,the old Tyson would have been all over him . Lets keep in mind too the neck size of Holyfield in those fights ????????????

Basically one counter puncher was better at that point . Timing is the most important thing in that aspect , it made Tyson look bad in contrast to what he was . Holyfields longer reach and frustrated clinches of letting him pick and choose when to punch sealed the deal.

Holyfield catches shots on the glove then reacts ,great at slipping counter tactis ,maybe the occasional eat a punch to land his own .

I would say counter punching in itself is reaction to a punch even in motion ,not necessarily having to land .
    Thats a great definition for Counter Punching because the real important details are the movement and timing. This is why a great counter is such a stunning hit... You set up see the target, suddenly just as impact is coming, you get tagged, off balance, and suprised. Makes one think twice about throwing again.

Tyson was always his own worse enemy. Yes Holy had a huge neck and head which he used as a club occasionally lol.

Comment

lol wtf did I just read.

Takam looks like holyfield, he's nothing like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
        I disagree! Right now, it's totally ridiculous to compare a heavyweight with a complete career record like Lennox Lewis to someone like Anthony Joshua who has only started competing against the top level boxers in the heavyweight division. However, if we compare them with the same level of experience at the same age and with similar number of bouts, Joshua looks more impressive.

You can keep being dishonest and / or deluded but old boxers in the eyes of one's nostalgic glasses aren't that much, if at all better than some of the best current boxers. Most are inferior anyway.
        AJ who was stopped in the amateurs??? AJ who was dropped by a 40+ Year old Wlad??? AJ that was rocked and out on his feet from DILLAN WHYTE???

That’s funny!

Be realistic. Lennox was an animal, A LION, legendary top 5 heavyweight of all time great. I like Joshua, but if you think the Joshua that fought Wlad would beat the mid to late 90’s Lennox Lewis you’re a clown. The Lennox that was in trouble against Vitali would ko Joshua. Prime Lennox does the same, just twice as easy.

Get outta here we that bull****.

Match up Lewis against *almost* ANY heavyweight in ANY era
        and you see Lewis is superior. Lewis would have given guys like Ali and Holmes all they can handle... AJ is struggling with headgear in the amateurs and getting rocked and dropped by guys like Wlad and Dillon Whyte.
        Last edited by N!Ck F.; 01-24-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          Lol, one guy could go toe to toe with a prime Lennox Lewis when he himself was past it, the other guy became a punching bag for an overrated AJ.
          Both of those fights were insanely one sided for Lewis though. Holyfield looked more shocked when they announced the split decision than Lewis did!

And no, I see no similarities. I just have a feeling that this thread is a way to over hype the AJ train some more. If he beats Parker then what top 10 HW of all time will people compare Parker to?

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
            AJ who was stopped in the amateurs??? AJ who was dropped by a 40+ Year old Wlad??? AJ that was rocked and out on his feet from DILLAN WHYTE???

That’s funny!

Be realistic. Lennox was an animal, A LION, legendary top 5 heavyweight of all time great. I like Joshua, but if you think the Joshua that fought Wlad would beat the mid to late 90’s Lennox Lewis you’re a clown. The Lennox that was in trouble against Vitali would ko Joshua. Prime Lennox does the same, just twice as easy.

and you see Lewis is superior. Lewis would have given guys like Ali and Holmes all they can handle... AJ is struggling with headgear in the amateurs and getting rocked and dropped by guys like Wlad and Dillon Whyte.
            Not the biggest fan of Lewis (because he abandoned Canada when he went pro) but this is spot on. He is vastly underrated on this board. Lewis would KO any of the current champs, with the "longest" fights going against Wilder and Fury just because of how awkward they are (especially Fury)

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post

That’s funny!

Lewis lost in his 26th fight and while Joshua defeated Klitchko , Lewis defeated small 210 pound Levi Billups , a older journeyman ,via UD .

You are also comparing amateur b.s which has no relevance at Pro HW ,particularly when Joshua has a gold medal and he had limited time to train to prepare when he started . Lewis himself purposely stayed in the amateurs bc he lost and wanted a gold medal .

IMOP he did so to avoid an 80's Mike Tyson !

Here is a REALISTIC comparison of the ACTUAL skills of both if they fought .

Jab : Lewis
              Left Hook : Lewis
              Right Hand ; Lewis
              Right Uppercut : Joshua
              Body Punching : Joshua
              Speed : Joshua
              Foot Work: Joshua
              Ring IQ : Tie
              Stamina : Lewis
              Inside Fighting : Joshua
              Mid Range Fighting : Joshua
              OutSide Fighting : Lewis
              Combination Punching : Joshua
              Accuracy : Joshua
              Chin: Not appliable
              Recovery Abilty : Joshua
              Power : Joshua
              Defense : Joshua
              Size Advantage : Joshua
              Ring Generalship : Lewis
              Abilty to end fights quicker : Joshua
              Abilty to Adapt : Lewis
              Better Listener coming out of their corners : Joshua
              Styles : Advantage : Joshua's aggressive counter punching over Cautious outside jabber Lewis

This match is FAR from anyone being appointed the heavy favorite but it would favor Joshua and hes only 20 fights in ,some of these stats are going to change .

Before you come back with some incoherent b.s telling me how much i dont know , i used to watch Lewis train in the poconos i even got to slap box him in my late teens . I grew up in the 90's era so you can save the jargon !

Lewis's OWN former manager said two years ago that Joshua was the better talent and he is !
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-24-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Thats a great definition for Counter Punching because the real important details are the movement and timing. This is why a great counter is such a stunning hit... You set up see the target, suddenly just as impact is coming, you get tagged, off balance, and suprised. Makes one think twice about throwing again.

Tyson was always his own worse enemy. Yes Holy had a huge neck and head which he used as a club occasionally lol.
                Yep , i like doing these types of matches as you know how POPULAR i am in the history section bc i know NOTHING !

Comment

lewis lost in his 26th fight and while joshua defeated klitchko , lewis defeated small 210 pound levi billups , a older journeyman ,via ud .

You are also comparing amateur b.s which has no relevance at hw ,particularly when joshua has a gold medal and he had limited time to train to prepare when he started . Lewis himself purposely stayed in the amateurs bc he lost and wanted a gold medal .

Imop he did so to avoid an 80's mike tyson !

Here is a realistic comparison of the actual skills of both if they fought .

left hook : Lewis
                  right hand ; lewis
                  right uppercut : Joshua
                  speed : Joshua
                  foot work: Joshua
                  ring iq : Tie
                  stamina : Lewis
                  inside fighting : Joshua
                  mid range fighting : Joshua
                  outside fighting : Lewis
                  combiation punching : Joshua
                  chin: Not appliable
                  power : Joshua
                  defense : Joshua
                  size advantage : Tie
                  ring generalship : Lewis
                  abilty to end fights quicker : Joshua
                  abilty to adapt : Lewis
                  better listener coming out of their corners : Joshua
                  styles : Advantage : Joshua's aggressive counter punching over cautious outside jabber lewis

this match is far from anyone being appointed the heavy favorite but it would favor joshua and hes only 20 fights in ,some of these stats are going to change .

Before you come back with some incoherent b.s telling me how much i dont know , i used to watch lewis train in the poconos i even got to slap box him in my late teens . I grew up in the 90's era so you can save the jargon !

Lewis's own former manager said two years ago that joshua was the better talent and he is !
                  bwhahahahahaha

Comment

Lewis lost in his 26th fight and while Joshua defeated Klitchko , Lewis defeated small 210 pound Levi Billups , a older journeyman ,via UD .

You are also comparing amateur b.s which has no relevance at Pro HW ,particularly when Joshua has a gold medal and he had limited time to train to prepare when he started . Lewis himself purposely stayed in the amateurs bc he lost and wanted a gold medal .

IMOP he did so to avoid an 80's Mike Tyson !

Here is a REALISTIC comparison of the ACTUAL skills of both if they fought .

Left Hook : Lewis
                    Right Hand ; Lewis
                    Right Uppercut : Joshua
                    Body Punching : Joshua
                    Speed : Joshua
                    Foot Work: Joshua
                    Ring IQ : Tie
                    Stamina : Lewis
                    Inside Fighting : Joshua
                    Mid Range Fighting : Joshua
                    OutSide Fighting : Lewis
                    Combination Punching : Joshua
                    Accuracy : Joshua
                    Chin: Not appliable
                    Recovery Abilty : Joshua
                    Power : Joshua
                    Defense : Joshua
                    Size Advantage : Joshua
                    Ring Generalship : Lewis
                    Abilty to end fights quicker : Joshua
                    Abilty to Adapt : Lewis
                    Better Listener coming out of their corners : Joshua
                    Styles : Advantage : Joshua's aggressive counter punching over Cautious outside jabber Lewis

This match is FAR from anyone being appointed the heavy favorite but it would favor Joshua and hes only 20 fights in ,some of these stats are going to change .

Before you come back with some incoherent b.s telling me how much i dont know , i used to watch Lewis train in the poconos i even got to slap box him in my late teens . I grew up in the 90's era so you can save the jargon !

Lewis's OWN former manager said two years ago that Joshua was the better talent and he is !
                    If you're going to list all of that, you can't neglect trainers/cornermen and Lewis wins that.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      If you're going to list all of that, you can't neglect trainers/cornermen and Lewis wins that.
                      You realise Lewis had difficulties progressing right ? He had at least 3 trainers his last was Steward . The night he was knocked out against McCall , Steward was in the other corner .

The trainers arent the all end to that piece ,they need the fighter to be on the same page .

McCracken and Joshua are as good a team since Rooney and Tyson .

McCracken actually pushes the technical aspects more than Rooney did .

Rooney trained Tyson physically harder bc Joshua has his own personal trainer as most do now with cardio /condition /weights ..

The fighter listening is more important than anything .

Edge : Joshua .
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-24-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X