No announcement yet.

Proper way to execute a long hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to execute a long hook?

Don't lecture me on never using a hook past 90 degrees, im sick of hearing that, if Sugar Ray Robison did it and countless others its fine and part of boxing as far as im concerned.

So whats the proper way to execute this "improper technique"?

Cheers!

171.7 degrees, "dont use ur arms", just twist ur body with the arm extended out lol. yolo

or
    look at ur right shoe,, face parallel to the floor, and proceed to turn right and look behind ur shoes and striaghten up ur body and be danny garcia

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      171.7 degrees, "dont use ur arms", just twist ur body with the arm extended out lol. yolo

or
      look at ur right shoe,, face parallel to the floor, and proceed to turn right and look behind ur shoes and striaghten up ur body and be danny garcia

lol

Comment

Basically throw a jab but rotate your body like you're throwing a hook.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          That's a really smart way to do it, its how Fedor and Igor throw it. Thanks bro!

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            That's a really smart way to do it, its how Fedor and Igor throw it. Thanks bro!
            isnt that wat a iffcukgin said
            171.1 degrees, "dont use ur arms" just rotate ur body u fool::

anyways u ****ing fool whats ur real purpose in asking these questions?? u already know the answers

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
              isnt that wat a iffcukgin said
              171.1 degrees, "dont use ur arms" just rotate ur body u fool::

anyways u ****ing fool whats ur real purpose in asking these questions?? u already know the answers
              Its always best I have found to ask like a beginner, always empty your cup, because then you get better info. Cluttering it with your ego/ideas I find gets in the way of learning.

Comment

Watch Floyd or Nonito.

I like the way Nonito does it more but Floyd uses it to a high connect %.

Just like a regular hook but extend out and leave the fist vertical. As in not turning it over.

There you go. You've completed the long hook tutorial. Move on to the body jab? Or restart long hook tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Watch Floyd or Nonito.

I like the way Nonito does it more but Floyd uses it to a high connect %.

Just like a regular hook but extend out and leave the fist vertical. As in not turning it over.

There you go. You've completed the long hook tutorial. Move on to the body jab? Or restart long hook tutorial?
                  lmao! good 1 bro!

moving on to the underhand right to your scroat

Comment

Nivek it's 172.3 degrees . I've been doing experiments in the lab

Comment

Working...
                    X