No announcement yet.

The safety of neck bridges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The safety of neck bridges?

I've been doing neck bridges for around a month now, I've gone from just holding the position to doing reps for it and I am seeing improvement in my neck. However just today I just read up on a bunch of threads about people saying how un-safe it is to neck bridge and how people have become paralysed, or that it can **** up the vertebrae on your back.

Anyone had any bad experiences with neck bridges or can verify it's safety? I know boxers and wrestlers have been doing it for centuries (and it obviously works in building neck strength) but is it as #dangerous as everyone says?

I've also been wondering this. I mean provided you have a towel or something under your head I haven't experienced any discomfort yet I hear all these horror stories that kind of put me off

Comment

Yeah I read an article somewhere about someone dislocating his neck and becoming paralysed because of it. As dumb as it sounds it still kinda freaks me out when I do it.

Comment

It's like a calisthenic exercise, but I believe this is for more advanced guys who already are strong and have thick necks to begin with. A great, safer alternative is using a neck harness, you can use a full range of motion to your liking and slowly add weight which will also strengthen and thicken your neck. Boxers use that method too.

Comment

Working...
        X