No announcement yet.

Was John Ruiz "shot" against Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
    For all the guys that say he's shot, can you please tell me what has declined? He looked like the same John Ruiz that fought Roy Jones to me.
    He looked NOTHING like the Ruiz that fought Jones. NOT ONE BIT. There were more clinches in the Haye fight by Haye than Jones. How is that similar to the Ruiz that fought Jones?

Comment

For all the guys that say he's shot, can you please tell me what has declined? He looked like the same John Ruiz that fought Roy Jones to me.
      Thats a bit of an exaggeration.

Comment

Somewhat, but Haye still deserves credit for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
          He looked NOTHING like the Ruiz that fought Jones. NOT ONE BIT. There were more clinches in the Haye fight by Haye than Jones. How is that similar to the Ruiz that fought Jones?
          So because Haye clinched more that makes Ruiz a different fighter? Ruiz isn't shot he just isn't that good never has been, never will be. He just was in the ring with a fighter a class above him.

Comment

doesnt matter if he was shot or not. he sucks (always did) and he's old.

Comment

John Ruiz does not have the same snap in his punches, not as quick off his jab like he used to be. His punches are far more telegraphed, Haye was able to counter him with ease. John Ruiz is the type of fighter that everthing feeds off his jab, you look at his fights with holyfield and the jab sets everything up for him. He didn't have that in the Haye fight.

Comment

ruiz is 37 but he was in shape & hadn't really been active the last few years.there are lots of late 30's fighters still boxing.haye is better than you give him credit for.so what if his chin is suspect,so is wlads.wlads been down 13 times! Ruiz been knocked out once before the haye fight.haye is young,powerful & fast.he's shown an ability to make adjustments.he's got wins over Barrett,valuev & ruiz now.how many former world champs has vitali fought? 3 Byrd,lewis,peter...he's 1-2 ,haye 2 for 2.he's already beat more former champs in 3 fights than vitali has in his career.haye is not just a hype job.he's for real.he's done exactly what he said he would do.get a belt for better negotiating leverage.no one believed him but he's done it.he's also got both klits seething mad & they need him more than he need them.he can make millions without them & retire now.while the klits haven't faced anyone as dangerous as him in years.haye is going to fight them! Don't worry about that. he's not stupid he's going to get every bit of money he can get.he wants to retire at 31.that means at most he'll fight 7 times at heavyweight.he may not beat either klitschko but he'll get filthy rich once he does.the klits care about legacy while haye only cares about $$$$.2 totally different motivations.haye don't care if he loses as long as he cashes out.

Comment

No way he was "shot". People keep throwing that word around. Cotto is shot, Diaz is shot, and now Ruiz in shot.

These guys are not shot.

Roy Jones - shot.

Castillo - shot.

Ruiz was not shot. Past prime? Yes. But no way was he shot.

Comment

he wasnt shot

Comment

Past his best, but not shot. At the very least he tried to make a fight out of it (and got some shots in, mainly due to Haye's carelessness), whereas someone like Jones couldn't even get off the starting blocks against Calzaghe and Hopkins - now that is shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X