Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there that many White American Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a popular sport for whites in America to participate in i guess...

Only really know of Caleb Plant and Joe Smith Jr rn

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      once people get out of poverty boxing doesn't seem like a good ideal.

there were tons of Jewish, Irish, and Italian American boxers. not so much anymore.

same reason I assume there aren't many western euro boxers besides the British.
      This imo. Only us Britons are really the make up for, I guess, 'White representation' in boxing. It is amazing considering how many Jews, Italians and Irish represented back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        once people get out of poverty boxing doesn't seem like a good ideal.

there were tons of Jewish, Irish, and Italian American boxers. not so much anymore.

same reason I assume there aren't many western euro boxers besides the British.
        The Germans and French are just ****e at boxing.

Comment

they are, but they are 5’5, 300lbs in the heavyweight division, and they change there nationality to mexico.

Comment

Maybe opioids?

Comment

boxers tend to come from hardship

white people have it easy in America, its called white privilege over there i believe

in the UK we have tons of white boxers because their is still hardship all over our country. In the UK if you are poor you are poor, you wont get any extra preferential treatment regardless of your race, poor is poor over here

Over there is different, culturally very different
              Last edited by FrankieBruno; 10-01-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Boxing is more an urban poor sport and white poverty is rural.

Comment

Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
                  I mean, Germany has a lot of boxers
                  Most of the best Germans are imports though - Catic, Hukic, Stieglitz etc... Braehmer's probably their best home grown guy, and he's old enough to have spent his childhood in the old DDR.

Still - I spent enough time in Germany in my drinking days to know that they don't mind a bit of a brawl after a few lagers.

Comment

Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
                    First of all, before people call me a racist, I'm not. I'm literally just curious and want to find out, I'm not a race baiter either, I'm just curious. For country with 69 or so percent of a white population, there is no current active big boxers. Blacks make up less than 13% of the population and there are more boxers than whites, same with hispanic, they are also less than 13%. I'm honestly just wandering, in the past there have been so many great boxers that are white, but currently there are none. There are so many white European boxers that are great as of right now though.
                    Whites in the u.s. are not poor enought o risk head injury for pay.

Your statistics with hispanics are misleading. It's a huge sport in latin america and has a HIGH participation rate. If you look at overall participation rate numbers, Hispanics probably perform the worst per capita. And if you want to get detailed about race, Eestern and central europeans perform exceptionally well kov, loma etc per capita in boxing.

In the U.S. it's a sport that attracts a poor demographic in our society. The only boxing gyms where I live are in the WORST parts of town, and this is the case accross the U.S. I believe American football will be the same in 20 years because of long term head injury risk.

White people wrestle often, that's why you see a lot in MMA, thought.

Whites are the most dominant ehtnic group in MMA if you look at over all success.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      boxers tend to come from hardship

white people have it easy in America, its called white privilege over there i believe

in the UK we have tons of white boxers because their is still hardship all over our country. In the UK if you are poor you are poor, you wont get any extra preferential treatment regardless of your race, poor is poor over here

Over there is different, culturally very different
                      so true, in america ghettos are racially segregated, with black people hoods and hispanic hoods. Here in UK, whites, blacks, pakistanis all live in the same area, race isn't as big over here. if you're poor youre poor.

Comment

Working...
                      X