Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barring a Win, Broner's Legacy To Be Full of Wasted Promise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barring a Win, Broner's Legacy To Be Full of Wasted Promise

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - If boxing is your career field, you could follow far worse blueprints than Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s. Now 40 years old, the Pretty Boy-turned-Money man cut an enviable swath of excellence across five weight classes across parts of three decades while building an out-of-ring conglomerate hardly approached by peers past or present. And while he's undeniably loathed by some, he's just as loved by others and has typically...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know

I think the writer had a over inflated sense of what Adrien Broner was/is. To compare him realistically to Floyd is stupid

Is Adrien a good fighter yeah , Is he a great fighter ( Not a chance ). Adrien should get props for willing to take tough fights and being able to sell his personality.

That's about it though, He doesn't seem to take the sport as seriously as he should, Hasn t proven he's one of his eras best and just has done a decent job marketing his career.

Comment

What is this myth that Adrien Broner is some super talented guy? He never was. His defense has always been leaky and he has never been a HIGH in the RING IQ fighter. He is what he is. A very entertaining B Level fighter. Only idiots believe he's some "potential" waiting to be unleashed.

Comment

The problem is, Broner truly does have the talent and ability to be great, he just lacks the mentality. All the physical assets of the past great legends, Broner possess. He simply fights the wrong style and never seems to have a fight plan going against his opponents. He seems to strictly rely on his ability alone. I have never seen him break an opponent down. Mayweather is definitely a fighter he should imitate, but he should imitate the "Pretty Boy" and not "Money" Mayweather. He still has time to turn it all around, but I think he needs to start fresh with a new trainer he respects and will listen to. If not, he will simply be this eras Zab Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
          The problem is, Broner truly does have the talent and ability to be great, he just lacks the mentality. All the physical assets of the past great legends, Broner possess. He simply fights the wrong style and never seems to have a fight plan going against his opponents. He seems to strictly rely on his ability alone. I have never seen him break an opponent down. Mayweather is definitely a fighter he should imitate, but he should imitate the "Pretty Boy" and not "Money" Mayweather. He still has time to turn it all around, but I think he needs to start fresh with a new trainer he respects and will listen to. If not, he will simply be this eras Zab Judah.
          This sums it up

Comment

He was never good. I mean look at how berto looked before he stepped up his competition.

Broner went through hell and back against malignaggi. You guys will watch him get embarrassed by a 135 lber this weekend.

Comment

"Barring a Win, Broner's Legacy To Be Full of Wasted Promise"

Translation: "Broner's Legacy Is Full of Wasted Promise"

Cuz he won't be beating Mikey Garcia, no way.

Not that Bonehead was ever anything all that special. Like others have said, you could fly a B-52 thru the holes in his defense. In general, he's an extremely low punch output fighter. His opinion of himself is off-the-charts insanely overblown. Start THERE, and a sane, smart trainer would just say 'Skroo it', and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                He was never good.
                I wouldn't go as far as to say "he was never good". No he ultimately showed himself to be nowhere near as great as the early hype train wanted us all to believe, but he's still pretty good. Like someone above said -- a very entertaining B fighter. And I think some consider calling a guy a B fighter is some sort of insult, which it is far from. Fact is there's tiers in this sport, just like there is in every sport. Broner's not an A guy but he still beats most guys you put in front of him. Just not the top shelf guys.

I know we joke a lot about how he's a four weight world champion -- yes it is in fact kind of a joke when you look at who he beat to capture those titles -- maybe it says more about how watered down the sport is for him to be able to claim that but nevertheless he IS still a four division world champion.

He's 33-2 with 24 stoppages to his credit with his only losses coming to very, very good fighters in Marcos Maidana and Shawn Porter. He may not be great (he's not) but he's still pretty good.
                Last edited by Mike D; 07-25-2017, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I wouldn't go as far as to say "he was never good". No he ultimately showed himself to be nowhere near as great as the early hype train wanted us all to believe, but he's still pretty good. Like someone above said -- a very entertaining B fighter. And I think some consider calling a guy a B fighter is some sort of insult, which it is far from. Fact is there's tiers in this sport, just like there is in every sport. Broner's not an A guy but he still beats most guys you put in front of him. Just not the top shelf guys.

I know we joke a lot about how he's a four weight world champion -- yes it is in fact kind of a joke when you look at who he beat to capture those titles -- maybe it says more about how watered down the sport is for him to be able to claim that but nevertheless he IS still a four division world champion.

He's 33-2 with 34 stoppages to his credit with his only losses coming to very, very good fighters in Marcos Maidana and Shawn Porter. He may not be great (he's not) but he's still pretty good.
                  Did he knock someone twice out in one fight? Cruel

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    Did he knock someone twice out in one fight? Cruel
                    lmao sorry it was a typo, meant 24 stoppages

Comment

Working...
                    X