ever used boxing in a streetfight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a smart person would

Comment

Only once, after I'd been boxing for just a few months. A guy I'd been having trouble with sucker-punched me, or tried to. I was able to see it coming just from the way he moved his feet when I walked past him. I weaved under it and he hit the wall -- it was a big overhand punch that would've hit my ear. He followed the punch into the wall (bad form ) and broke his hand and his wrist, and he cried like Nancy Kerrigan.

BTW, he told the cops that I'd punched HIM, and that he'd broken his hand trying to defend himself. If there hadn't been a bloody dent in the plaster that I showed the cops, he might have been able to pull that off, especially if I had been boxing for years instead of months. Also, the cops knew that the guy was a troublemaker, but you get the idea. It could have gone badly from a legal sense even though I didn't touch him.

EDIT: To be fair, I'd just had his brother arrested. He was pretty pissed.
      Last edited by fraidycat; 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

oh btw 4 ppl who sed boxers dont go around picking streetfights i know that, i didnt mean picking a fight i meant if someone attacked you or challenged you

Comment

Seriously.....how many of you guys get into streetfights without creating part of the altercation???? When i was young i got in a lot of fights because I didnt know how to walk away....It takes two to fight...

I can just imagine it now.........youre walking down some dark little alley in Gary Indiana and a couple of pissed off drive-thru attendants from Mcd's shoot out of a bush and begin assaulting you for your last six bucks and the box of Malt-O-Meal you have to feed your family for dinner. They begin overcoming you with overhand rights and gangster windmill punches that would make Lloyd Banks and G-Unit proud...Now, your only hope of survival is to rely on the evasive defensive mauevers and Wing Chung roundhouse kicks Chuck Norris taught you back in 86 when you were sporting a Probert mullet and Benjamins still had small faces...

Come on now....
          Last edited by Detroit101; 01-23-2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
            Seriously.....how many of you guys get into streetfights without creating part of the altercation???? When i was young i got in a lot of fights because I didnt know how to walk away....It takes two to fight...

I can just imagine it now.........youre walking down some dark little alley in Gary Indiana and a couple of pissed off drive-thru attendants from Mcd's shoot out of a bush and begin assaulting you for your last six bucks and the box of Malt-O-Meal you have to feed your family for dinner. They begin overcoming you with overhand rights and gangster windmill punches that would make Lloyd Banks and G-Unit proud...Now, your only hope of survival is to rely on the evasive defensive mauevers and Wing Chung roundhouse kicks Chuck Norris taught you back in 86 when you were sporting a Probert mullet and Benjamins still had small faces...

Come on now....
            hey this guy is from detroit, he must know this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by West24 View Post
              its too easy to get into fights, and they arent worth it. think about how many times youre at the bar and someone does something stupid. you could be fighting every day! i always try to defuse situations because i really have nothing to prove. 90% of the people who try to start things for no reason and punks with a low self esteem who have to prove something to themselves and their friends.
              Man your so right, I have this **** everyweek. Every weekend. when we go out, always someone trying to pick a fight, if i was to confront these dudes id be fighting everyweek.

Comment

I have to agree with the people that say to avoid street fights unless its enevitable. But im sure knowing boxing in a street fight would help you a lot. If you throw a straight right before he throws a sloppy right swing that takes 3 seconds before it would hit you im sure he'd be stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieRJJ View Post
                  I have to agree with the people that say to avoid street fights unless its enevitable. But im sure knowing boxing in a street fight would help you a lot. If you throw a straight right before he throws a sloppy right swing that takes 3 seconds before it would hit you im sure he'd be stunned.
                  No I would have to disagree, street fighting is for men

Comment

Yes, it was quite an...interesting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                      Yes, it was quite an...interesting experience.
                      Elaborate please....................

Comment

Working...
                      X