Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At some point ESPN has to go to Top Rank and ask...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Wilder is a star. He just made 15 mil before PPV numbers. Spence is also on his way doing a PPV in last fight. Wilder is CLEARLY a star, and is better known now then AJ in the states.
    They gave away most of the tickets for the Wilder fight because they weren't selling. He's nowhere near a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      They gave away most of the tickets for the Wilder fight because they weren't selling. He's nowhere near a star.
      lol he sold more then AJ did. And where did you get that they gave away MOST of the tickets? That's BS and you know it. If he is not a star then who is?? Who else is making that kind of money, and they don't just give a guarantee of 15 or 20 mil(Dan Rafael says 20) to guys who cant sell. You cant name more then one or two fighter"s or so who has a bigger name right now, so that must mean their are no stars in sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
        Aww yeahy, feel feel on the real reals. Personally, I mostly feel bad for people so thin skinned and emotionally invested in their favorite fighters that they can't bear the smallest iota of negative criticism without melting into a cringy puddle of projection and ad hominem. Yeah, I think Wilder is dull as dishwater and his fights for the most part a chore to slog through. It's a common complaint and not a revolutionary one. (I ultimately tune in anyway, so he wins? Yaaay!) It's not as though I attempt to argue that he doesn't bring in money or that there isn't a sizable audience for what he offers. No, you just come off as someone who takes criticism of your favorite things weirdly personal, which is the antithesis of secure. You literally just wrote "I'm secure doh!" completely unprovoked, which is about as ****ing hilarious as Wilder saying "I have high intellect"' seemingly at face value.

(M's doh, I'll give you that)
        lol...look at this tripe

i like how you keep saying "m's" and "doh" as if im an african american who speaks in ebonics...lol..im not...i know its hard to fathom that a caucasian male could actually find wilder entertaining to watch.....probably because of your terrible looks and tiny peen...

no one is thin skinned...i find it highly amusing how people like you criticize everything he does and anyone he fights....youre as emotionally invested as you claim i am...youre just on the other side of it....so far the very wrong side....which is where you will remain

the guy delivers knockouts...what else do you want? AJ swerved the living hell out of him after barry hearn publicly said they should.....then he fights fury....people claim fury won...ok...what does wilder want? immediate rematch...what does fury do? swerve it while having his promoter publically admit it

what do you want from wilder that will make you happy you friggin mutt?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          lol...look at this tripe

i like how you keep saying "m's" and "doh" as if im an african american who speaks in ebonics...lol..im not...i know its hard to fathom that a caucasian male could actually find wilder entertaining to watch.....probably because of your terrible looks and tiny peen...

no one is thin skinned...i find it highly amusing how people like you criticize everything he does and anyone he fights....youre as emotionally invested as you claim i am...youre just on the other side of it....so far the very wrong side....which is where you will remain

the guy delivers knockouts...what else do you want? AJ swerved the living hell out of him after barry hearn publicly said they should.....then he fights fury....people claim fury won...ok...what does wilder want? immediate rematch...what does fury do? swerve it while having his promoter publically admit it

what do you want from wilder that will make you happy you friggin mutt?
          Oh, spare me the corny self-righteous "Not what you think I am!" horse****. What, only black dudes can speak ebonics? Anyone can't be gangsta or take a sledgehammer to the English language? Way to put your prejudice on front street bro!
          Nah, you come off as an emotionally invested infant suckling at the Wilder teet due to frequency and method. You can probably count the number of Wilder posts I've made on this forum on two hands (you can verify yourself if you're that bored and understimulated). Ergo my criticism can be reasonably assumed to be dismissive and cynical, not "invested". In contrast dweebs like you have to charge the front lines seemingly whenever anyone dare does anything other than suck your hero's dick, and you aren't content to just counter the criticism on its merits, you have to attack the character and intentions of the critics as well. I said meeeean things about Deontay, ergo I'm "sad and insecure, with a tiiiny peeeen." Lol. So no, it isn't "the same thing on opposite sides" at all. Pretty simple really. Now kindly **** off, you're as boring as Wilder is.

Comment

Standby for breaking news from someone in the Top Rank stable confirming ESPN isn't happy with the numbers. I'll post that in a few

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              lol he sold more then AJ did. And where did you get that they gave away MOST of the tickets? That's BS and you know it. If he is not a star then who is?? Who else is making that kind of money, and they don't just give a guarantee of 15 or 20 mil(Dan Rafael says 20) to guys who cant sell. You cant name more then one or two fighter"s or so who has a bigger name right now, so that must mean their are no stars in sport.
              I made threads about it with links go look. No he didn't sell more than Joshua, Joshua sold more in the US than Wilder has ever done. He got the guarantee because of DAZN offering 100 mil. His fights are losing money hand over fist, Haymon is hoping he'll become a star but it isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                ..where is our Deontay Wilder? Where is our Errol Spence? Why can't the vast majority of our audience pronounce the last name of your fighters you're trying to make stars?

You've been with us 3 years and you haven't produced not one star. Zuffa wants to start a boxing promotion so tell us why we should continue with you?
                Top Rank: Arum, Lomachenko, Crawford, Fury.

Top Rank is the Death Row Records of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Dear god, man. Are you and Shill Bidness getting paid by the thread or something?
                  I remember this guy used to talk about fights and stuff....

Comment

Working...
                  X