No announcement yet.

GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    DAmn Canelo turned gg into Danny Jacobs!

ohh man this had me rolling....

Comment

This thread is comedy and really exposes how stupid Kafkod is.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Rewatched the fight and it's my strong opinion that GGG wasn't going for a KO win last night.

He wants a rematch with Canelo - because of the huge money involved - and the best way to ensure a rematch would be to win the fight on points without putting a bad beatdown beatdown on Canelo.

There is no way Canelo would have excercised his rematch clause if he'd got KTFO by GGG. That's why GGG just peppered Canelo with light shots when he had him up against the ropes, instead of uncorking the power like he usually does when he has a guy trapped.

He was looking to score points, not going for a KO!
        Kafkod please don't go full groupie on us. You are " one of the good ones", lol.

He definitely didn't press for th ko, but imo that was because he didn't want to get countered, not becaus he was thinking about long term earning potential.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
          This **** has gone too far. GGG could get put in a coma in the ring and someone would say he did it on purpose.
          This is the truth.

Comment

GGG is too old

GGG wasn't allowed to attack Canelo's body

GGG could have KO'd Canelo, but wanted the decision

Comment

There was also no beatdown saturday night, wtf are you talking about ??

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Kafkod please don't go full groupie on us. You are " one of the good ones", lol.

He definitely didn't press for th ko, but imo that was because he didn't want to get countered, not becaus he was thinking about long term earning potential.
                Time after time, GGG used his jab and footwork to cut the ring and get Canelo right where he wanted him, backed up against the ropes, then he let him go without unloading any big shots.

There are 3 possible explanations for why that happened, including yours and the one I gave in this thread.

I'm discounting yours because it's not in GGG's character to hold back his punches for fear of being countered.

The other explanation is that, at 35 yo, Golovkin has slipped over the hill and can no longer pull the trigger under pressure. But that would be "making excuses" so I can't talk about it at this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
                  GGG is too old

GGG wasn't allowed to attack Canelo's body

GGG could have KO'd Canelo, but wanted the decision

First explanation mentions GGG's age. That's "making excuses" ... Not allowed at this forum.

Second is just silly.

Third one works best here.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 09-20-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo!

Rewatched the fight and it's my strong opinion that GGG wasn't going for a KO win last night.

He wants a rematch with Canelo - because of the huge money involved - and the best way to ensure a rematch would be to win the fight on points without putting a bad beatdown beatdown on Canelo.

There is no way Canelo would have excercised his rematch clause if he'd got KTFO by GGG. That's why GGG just peppered Canelo with light shots when he had him up against the ropes, instead of uncorking the power like he usually does when he has a guy trapped.

He was looking to score points, not going for a KO!
                    I didn't watch the fight live, because I fell to sleep at about 4:30 am (my time zone)...

I only watched the recording and I think that both fighters held back and didn't fully load their power punches...

Comment

This is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Notice how there's only one side making excuses for a fight their guy supposedly won...

Comment

Working...
                      X