Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out these custom, hand made gloves (review included too)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    Are you a pro fighter? Or really, really good? Not trying to be a smart ass man but if you came to my gym with those things on, people would be trying to KO you.

A little cocky if you ask me but they do look nice. They would be great fight gloves if you could get them approved and had the balls to wear them.
    lol not a pro fighter, nor i plan to be, but i think i'm doing pretty good. the best trainer of my gym (we got three for the AM's, one for the "elite" AM's and one for the pro's) chose to train me and i've been doing great (as long as they don't put me up against my trainer's son that is)

but no, no one will be trying to KO me. there's a guy as pathetic as zelenoff on my gym, no kidding. that's how ****ty and arrogant he is, so we use him as a custom punching bag. then there's this other guy that calls himself "the olympian", so he's the other guy people hit seriously

the only guy that wears winning on my gym is the best regular pro we have there (vazquez jr.) and me. that made me look like an ******* at first, dunno why, so this guy wore freaking 12oz reyes gloves on a spar a got me a bit swollen up.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
      Those are some fine looking gloves my Man. I've been planning to get some very similar to those, I even drew a sketch and sent it to Shevlin just to see if they could make them. The only difference was mine's had the P.R. flag on the cuff. I may hit you up with a pm when I'm ready to order. Congrats on those.
      thanks man, let me know if you need any advice on 'em

Comment

dammnn they look sick!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
          dammnn they look sick!!!!!!!
          Shevlin's is like the Build-a-bear of boxing, y'all know what I'm talkin' about. I've been thinkin' of getting some Shevlin's just for the f**k of it and also it's too d*mn expensive to customize Winning's

Anyway, it's cool that you can create your own glove for a good price, but, howcome I don't see any pros using 'em for training or actual fights?

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
            Shevlin's is like the Build-a-bear of boxing, y'all know what I'm talkin' about. I've been thinkin' of getting some Shevlin's just for the f**k of it and also it's too d*mn expensive to customize Winning's

Anyway, it's cool that you can create your own glove for a good price, but, howcome I don't see any pros using 'em for training or actual fights?
            they're not approved to use on actual fights

about current pros i don't know, but larry holmes only used shevlin for training

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
              they're not approved to use on actual fights

about current pros i don't know, but larry holmes only used shevlin for training
              Do you know why?

Comment

Do you know why?
                no commission approves custom made gloves, no matter what brand. i suppose it would cost too much money to examine each custom made glove, instead of licensing a standard 8oz glove from a brand that manufactures in high volumes

btw, they don't make 8oz gloves, except 8oz youth gloves

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                  no commission approves custom made gloves, no matter what brand. i suppose it would cost too much money to examine each custom made glove, instead of licensing a standard 8oz glove from a brand that manufactures in high volumes

btw, they don't make 8oz gloves, except 8oz youth gloves
                  What is the definition of custom made gloves?

'cause I swear I've seen Roy, Floyd and others wear custom made gloves, atleast in my eyes they appeared to be custom-made.

Comment

What is the definition of custom made gloves?

'cause I swear I've seen Roy, Floyd and others wear custom made gloves, atleast in my eyes they appeared to be custom-made.
                    they train with custom made gloves, but they fight with gloves approved by the commission. the only thing they can choose is the brand and color, nothing else

Comment

the commissions used to allow custom gloves
                      there was a big issue of a contract preventing liston using his normal custom gloves in a fight back in the day - his hands were way huge.

i like my shevlins, but i really need a lot of time to break in the thumb.
                      however; the leather's very soft though, so i just can't imagine it breaking in anymore.
                      all i know is that the thumbs hurt bad when hitting stuff, eventho i cut the thumb attachments.
                      otherwise they're sweet, but way pillowy and can get super-hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X