No announcement yet.

Demian Maia 2.0 or the real deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demian Maia 2.0 or the real deal?

Anybody else see how easily Charles Oliviera submitted Darren Elkins, the minute he got slammed he knew what to do, by the end of it, he had a triangle choke, arm bar and a leg lock ready and Darren could really have picked his poison, what i wanna know is, is he the real deal or is he just another Demian Maia.

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
    Anybody else see how easily Charles Oliviera submitted Darren Elkins, the minute he got slammed he knew what to do, by the end of it, he had a triangle choke, arm bar and a leg lock ready and Darren could really have picked his poison, what i wanna know is, is he the real deal or is he just another Demian Maia.
    whats wrong with Demian Maia? Why isn't Demian Maia the real deal? just because he lost to Silva?

Maia still has the best BJJ in MMA no matter what happened against Silva. Maia is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      whats wrong with Demian Maia? Why isn't Demian Maia the real deal? just because he lost to Silva?

Maia still has the best BJJ in MMA no matter what happened against Silva. Maia is the real deal.
      No he doesn't Roger Gracie does, he is the best in MMA at BJJ.

Maia also got 1 punch ko'd vs Nate Marquadt. He couldn't get Anderson Silva near the ground.

Comment

Marcelo Garcia > Roger Gracie > Demian Maia > Rodrigo Nogueira

Comment

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post

I would love to see Marcelo fight MMA.

Comment

what about xaolo and alexandre ribiero, jacare to name 3

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
              what about xaolo and alexandre ribiero, jacare to name 3
              Marcelo Garcia > Roger Gracie > Jacare > Xande Ribeiro >Demian Maia > Rodrigo Nogueira

Saolo didn't compete in MMA.

Comment

Marcelo Garcia > Roger Gracie > Jacare > Xande Ribeiro >Demian Maia > Rodrigo Nogueira

Saolo didn't compete in MMA.

Marcelinho can't be ahead of roger, jacare and xande if we are talking about bjj.

and saulo ribeiro competed in mma.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
                  Marcelinho can't be ahead of roger, jacare and xande if we are talking about bjj.

and saulo ribeiro competed in mma.
                  Marcelo is the best technician i've ever seen. Marcelo broke Jacare's arm. I didn't know Saulo competed in MMA. It was proobably in 1998/1999. He isn't an active MMA fighter.

Comment

Maia is a very good fighter. He got caught by a shot, it happens. He's still developing as a fighter.

His BJJ may not be as good as Roger Gracie and some of the other guys, but he's done a very good job of making it work in MMA. IMO he has the most entertaining ground game in the UFC.

Comment

Working...
                    X