No announcement yet.

Training songs!?! (boxing playlist)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training songs!?! (boxing playlist)

So what's everyone's best playlist/song while training that gets you psyched up?

Roy Jr - cant be touched
    2pac songs
    Eminem - 8 mile
    Rocky soundtracks
    Trap music- future,2chainz etc
    thats the basic

Comment

Kanye West - Amazing
      - All of the lights
      - Stronger
      - Cant tell me nothing
      - Flashing lights
      Eminem - Til I Collapse
      Akon - Never gonna get it
      Bone Crusher - Never Scared

Kanyes a jack @$$ but he does play good gym music. lol

Comment

What about some rock like acdc??
        TNT is a great song to have blasting out in the gym

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
          What about some rock like acdc??
          TNT is a great song to have blasting out in the gym
          Are there any songs going to be playing when you are in the ring? Is TNT going to be blaring in your ears as you dive yourself to get off the mat? Watch "lights out" 100% correct. Its just you in a dark lonely room, no music, no friends, no trainer, nothing.

Music is a crutch. Your motivation needs to be intrinsic. Turn the music off and learn how to push yourself from within.

Let my boy Elliot lay it out.

"Extrinsic Motivation vs. Intrinsic Motivation

Extrinsic Motivation is stimulated via an outside-of-the-body stimulus (or extrinsic).

This can be achieve by the use of something like yelling; slapping yourself; listening to high tempo / heavy beat music; watching a motivational clip; listening to a motivational speech and with stimulants such as ephedrine, cocaine or coffee.

The problem with this type of “motivation” is that it is FAKE.

– It is shallow, never penetrates the level of base emotions (anger, anxiety, rage, etc)

– It is temporary, never lasts long enough to carry you through challenges and adversity. And in the case of music and movies… what happens when the music stop or the high wares off?

– It is draining, most extrinsic motivation drains your catabolic hormones, energy and can lead to adrenal fatigue… this is BAD if you actually have a game to play after you’ve gotten your feather all ruffled!

Intrinsic Motivation rises up from within. It comes from your heart and deepest intentions.

Intrinsic motivation comes from within. It is a deep reservoir of intention that resides within AT ALL TIMES. It is always there, you never have to “turn it on”. This burning fire can be accessed by using a few simple “Jedi Mind Tricks” that I will teach you later.

The great thing about this type of REAL motivation is that, well… it’s real!

– It is calm, focused, mature YET outrageously powerful. It can be compared to a mighty river.

– It is enduring and never fades away, or can’t be taken away!

– It ENERGIZES you all the days of your life. It gives you the drive to work with no sleep; train when others are tired; focus when chaos ensues and brings all of your latent powers together in order animate your TRUE greatness.

As you can see… most athletes and high achievers are going about psyching themselves up with superficial, inferior and essentially ineffective tools. Music and Tony Robins CDs stop motivating you a few moments after your iPod battery dies.

But INTRINSIC motivation, that lives deep within your soul, can easily be accessed by using techniques such as “emotional triggering”, and NEVER DIES!"

When I need to get motivated close my eyes and focus on the moment in my life when I felt the most powerful, not superficial emotions like rage but deep power. I remember what I saw, what heard, what I smelled, and and most importantly how I felt inside. Then I open my eyes and ground myself in the feeling of that moment.
          Last edited by GTTofAK; 03-09-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

is this from elliot hulse, the youtube guy?

i really like a lot of his videos but i would say that if your just training then what is the problem with music or any other extrinsic motivation. if it helps you then you might as well use it.

but it is an interesting point because mayweather doesn't seem to run with music but he does have guys shouting in his gym. one of the most dedicated athletes and i would say he is motivated from within. personally i find it very hard to train without music as do many others, so for the sake of this thread just go along with it....

50 cent music is always good to work out to for me, or sometimes some rock like disturbed or metallica, there is a band called in this moment that have a few good workout songs, adrenalize, whore and blood. check them out

Comment

Elliot husle is an idiot with a huge ego. He's a wannabe philosopher who just makes up **** as he goes. There is no music in the ring but the situation creates a huge surge of adrenaline. You could enter a ring drunk and before the bell rings you'd be dead sober. That surge is non-existent in training which is why music is great for motivation and to help you get started. They are two completely different situations.

Your body knows when you are in a real situation and will react the way it should with a huge spike in adrenaline. The world slows down and you have razor focus. Nothing else is needed. Training on the other hand is a created situation and you need to trick your body into thinking its an intense situation. That's why people take pre-workouts and listen to music. Intrinsic motivation is bull**** and your body will not be fooled by it.

Sorry for the rant lol. I listen to house music when I work out.

Comment

Originally posted by the_blueprint View Post
                is this from elliot hulse, the youtube guy?

i really like a lot of his videos but i would say that if your just training then what is the problem with music or any other extrinsic motivation. if it helps you then you might as well use it.
                Because its a crutch. Your training is when you need to be learning how to motivate yourself intrinsically. Its part of training. That crutch will not be there for you to lean on when you face real adversity in the ring.

but it is an interesting point because mayweather doesn't seem to run with music but he does have guys shouting in his gym
                Yeah he is ignoring them.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Elliot husle is an idiot with a huge ego. He's a wannabe philosopher who just makes up **** as he goes.
                  And that just proves that he is good philosopher. If you dont have people who ****ing hate you then you aren't a good philosopher.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                    And that just proves that he is good philosopher. If you dont have people who ****ing hate you then you aren't a good philosopher.
                    Hating? Lol. The guy is an uneducated idiot who has guys like you convinced he's a god. Sorry man, I respect real great thinkers like Kant, Foucoult, Marx, Adorno, etc. if what you're saying is true then I'd hate them, too. Your argument makes no sense. Of course it wouldn't considering the type of people you are in awe of. Spare me your indignation, I grew up during a time that people actually experienced life and didn't grow up on social media and YouTube.
                    Go experience life instead of taking advice from some wannabe philosopher who just regurgitates whatever pseudo-intellectual garbage he reads online.

Comment

Working...
                    X