No announcement yet.

johnson vs. holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
    Johnson threw combinations, just not as many as modern fighters. You take Holyfield and have him throw combinations as he's used to and there's no way he makes it 20 or more rounds. You need to pace yourself for that length of a fight, especially if you're a heavyweight.

Johnson also had an economical style where he did as little as he had to and made the opponent work. It wasn't that he couldn't throw a ****load of punches, he just chose not too.

Check out his fight with Frank Moran, a 6'1" 200 lb very physically strong and hard hitting heavyweight. This guy wings some hard shots at him but Johnson is poised and alert and ready for it all. He doesn't throw much because he's like a matador: stationary and seemingly there to be hit, but in actuallity, ready at all times to take advance of any mistakes the opponent makes.

Check out his strength in the clinches. More and more often gets the better of it in there as the fight goes on. It's apparent he has only a small strength advantage early on but by the end of the fight he's pushing Moran around like nothing. Impressive muscular endurance.

I don't mind the people who have Holyfield winning, but to say he blows Johnson away is ridiculous. Johnson was born for this sport, he had the perfect combination of learned ringsmarts and natural instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
      who wins? the galveston giant or the real deal?

vs.
      - -The Hugger vs the Slugger is it?

Do Jack get to Use Field vitimins?

In Las Vegas, New Mexico?

Or in Paris or Havana?

Comment

Holyfield would be jailed for murder it would be such a savage beating. Lil' Jack Johnson against Holyfield... absolute mismatch...……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Holyfield would be jailed for murder it would be such a savage beating. Lil' Jack Johnson against Holyfield... absolute mismatch...……..Rockin'
          Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but they were the same size, and Johnson is from the older era of grappling based boxing. He was very strong and skilled in the clinch, I think Evander would have a hard time from that range.

Which is why I see him moving around and blasting Johnson with his quick combinations. Certainly the real deal wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but they were the same size, and Johnson is from the older era of grappling based boxing. He was very strong and skilled in the clinch, I think Evander would have a hard time from that range.

Which is why I see him moving around and blasting Johnson with his quick combinations. Certainly the real deal wins.
            Johnson was strong in a clinch? Not compared to Holyfield. Holyfields build was not just for show. He would throw Johnson around like a rag doll. How ever and when ever he chose to do so. Absolute mismatch here. From the inside to the outside, Johnson is simply over matched in this one..…….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Johnson was strong in a clinch? Not compared to Holyfield. Holyfields build was not just for show. He would throw Johnson around like a rag doll. How ever and when ever he chose to do so. Absolute mismatch here. From the inside to the outside, Johnson is simply over matched in this one..…….Rockin'
              - -Yeah, but we letting JJ use Field vitamins?

FairPlay rules in effect for any fantasy bout.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Yeah, but we letting JJ use Field vitamins?

FairPlay rules in effect for any fantasy bout.
                Yeah, Holyfield never experienced the massive benefits of field vitamins doa. Atleast until he moved up to heavyweight. It is what it is. But you could never shame his heart and will to win. Ever!.….Rockin'

Comment

Johnson was incredibly strong and one of the best infighters ever to live. He was a master of controlling opponents in close muffling their blows via pushes/taps to their elbows/arms and blocking head shots. All the while raking them with uppercuts.

At distance Johnson had a wonderful jab, excellent combinations and could move and side step to avoid punishment.

Johnson draws Holy inside and eats him up.

Comment

Crazy trolls said jack could beat a man he never would land on bowe and others he would be destroyed by holy its obvious all the people who said jack were trolled dude was trash compared
                    Last edited by Ascended; 06-27-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hey where is Houdini?? It's been a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X