Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee on Deontay Wilder: I Was Close To Stopping The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The referee actually doesn't have to stop the fight if a cornerman throws in a towel. The ref can ignore it and throw the towel back out and let the fight continue. In this fight though, it looked like Wilder was going to get tko'd or ko'd close to the time of the actual stoppage.

Comment

As absurd as it may sound, Fury does have power but lacks a bit of technique / precision when he unloads the harder blows. Sometimes they appear as huge slaps.

But boy, do those slaps hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        I am glad that people are finally seeing Wilder for the fraud he has always been. Not unifying. Avoiding the best for years. Wanting a body on his record. He has been a class A a-hole this entire time but people were enamored with his KOs. But they were against weak opposition so they should not have been regarded so highly. And him making excuses is nothing new, hes been doing it all this time. But usually the excuses are for why he won't fight the better boxers.
        I think it was always a 50:50 split over whether he was a fraud. We’ve missed Boksfan and his Duck memes which kept balance.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
          Pillow fisted?
          2 clean knock downs?
          Man
          You sound like Wilder fanboy disappointed that he lost to Fury
          Post is stupid
          I am neither fan of Wilder, nor of Fury, both are clowns. My post just states the truth -- Fury's KO ability is very limited, especially in comparison to his overall body strength. Any HW with serious hitting power would have finished Wilder much earlier.

P.S. Two clean knockdowns ? LOL. Especially the body knockdown when Wilder tripped over his own feet ?
          Last edited by Dariusz; 02-26-2020, 01:16 PM. Reason: adding post scriptum

Comment

At this point I wonder if he’s deliberately making bad excuses so he sounds so pathetic that his next opponents take him lightly

Comment

Can you imagine the damage Oleksandr Usyk would do to Bum-squad?? Will Bum-Squad ever fight another skilled opponent?? I think NO WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                I think it was always a 50:50 split over whether he was a fraud. We’ve missed Boksfan and his Duck memes which kept balance.
                I was always 100% on it. There is no excuse in the world as to how he could justify turning down 120 million and unification. That sold it to me. Avoiding the rest of the better boxers was bad enough but at least take all the money and go for the belts. None of his excuses made sense. And to always come up with a reason to not fight a good boxer, and then turn right around and fight a bunch of bums, never made sense to me either. I always looked at Wilder the same way I looked at Adonis Stevenson and we all see how he ended up. That same thing almost happened to Wilder on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
                  This situation, obviously embarassing for Wilder, is not positive for Fury either. A great HW fighter would have knock Wilder out before the towel was thrown. This is why Fury has pillow fists but obviously these pillows are too heavy for Wilder.
                  Tyson tortured deontayduckus ....Tyson broke deontayduckus , broke him Physically, Mentally, and Spirituality

Comment

The part I like the most is Fury licking the blood dripping from Wilder's ear.

Comment

I kinda thought Bayless was about to stop it after a few more blows, Breland beat him to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X