No announcement yet.

Wasted talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted talent

Watching old vids of Naz reminded me just how good he was and had he not turned into, well, a complete c**t, I wonder what heights he could have reached.

What fighters do we think wasted what god gave them, for what ever reason?

Right now it's Gary Russell Jr. with his inactivity. Great talent, wasting his prime.

Tony Ayala Jr.

Ike Ibaebuchi

Comment

Edwin Valero

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
        Edwin Valero
        Definitely a 'what if' fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthammer View Post
          Watching old vids of Naz reminded me just how good he was and had he not turned into, well, a complete c**t, I wonder what heights he could have reached.

What fighters do we think wasted what god gave them, for what ever reason?
          Of course ãsshole Saunders is the biggest wasted talent as well as waste of air. Andrade/Charlo is wasting his talent fighting nobodies,so is Crawford who will be remembered one day as the biggest wasted talent of this era despite already accomplishing several feats but hes wasting his talent even worse than tank whos at least not already 32 like Crawford.

Comment

- -Haymon scared of Bud who didn't have to lift a finger to muddle your mushy kush.

Tua permanently brain damaged Ike , not a talent that Ike wasted.

Topic wasted because of low brow toxic fans. A 70 yr old beloved boxing icon, James Bashir just got sucker punched from behind at a weigh and was out for 20 min before being rushed to the hospital.

Only a wasted civilization could allow such Thuggery.

Comment

Yeah, not what I expected when starting this topic. Maybe should have chosen a different forum to join because in all honesty, I'm struggling to decipher what most people post, I speak English and not gibberish.

Comment

Ike Ibeabuchi, David Reid

Comment

The foul Pole was wasted talent, by buggery if he wasn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthammer View Post
                    Yeah, not what I expected when starting this topic. Maybe should have chosen a different forum to join because in all honesty, I'm struggling to decipher what most people post, I speak English and not gibberish.
                    This topic comes up frequently and it kind of depresses me at this point.

I have come to understand that when we get a fighter and consider all the trajectories, all the possible situations that can derail one, we have to be thankful we have great fighters that made it. With that being said here are some guys I feel could have been great fighters if things had been a little different:

Oliver MCcall. Incredible power, granite chin, and formidable skills utilized, McCall was his own worse enemy and could not keep from going off the rails.

Paul Spadafora. Spaddy was indeed a true Pittsburgh original. Like Burley, Conn, and so many others from that city, Spaddy had chops to spare, found ways to win, and had natural abilities as well...Another guy who just could not keep himself from straying from the reservation.

Juan Ma. When I first saw this kid fight, he looked like a pint sized Joe Louis...cutting the ring down, power to spare, that great boxing education that so many Puerto rican and Cuban fighters seemed to gain from being in a culture that respects technical skill and perseverence when learning how to punch one in the face!

Then one day I see some guy slugging it out with Salidad...could not believe it was the same kid. WHAT HAPPENED? I suspect that Juan just did not want to temper it, bottle it, and develop...For whatever reason he decided to pretend he was Trinidad. A shame...I know what I saw from this kid.

Tommy Morrison. You have to watch "the dukes" fights coming up to appreciate that this kid was brought along right. Like Fernando Vargas, Morrison was fed good. Brought along developing tools of the trade. I think what happened with him was things got complicated outside the ring and he simplified his approach to try to become a big puncher. You have to watch his earlier fights to appreciate how much he used great combinations, had nice range, did not make mistakes and then around the Mercer fight he fell apart. Makes no sense to me.

Michael Moore. Moore showed signs of brilliance. He was known as a fighter looked up to in the premier gym for fighters...Kronk Gym, back in the day...and certainly guys like Hearns knew something! Moore was just difficult and often did not train seriously and was inconsistent. I believe if Moore had trained seriously for the second Holy fight, and if he has not caught that big punch from Foreman, he might be on a short list for great light heavies. Like Spinks at his best, Moore was mobile, threw a wide assortment of punches, had ring smarts to spare, and enough power to fight up at heavy and beat guys like Holy. But, Moore also was moody, undisciplined at times, and inconsistent.

Thats a few to start with.

Comment

Working...
                    X