Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White Reportedly Planning To Make $500M 10 Fight Offer To Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So someone with literally, absolutely no experience promoting boxing at all, none at all, is going to make his first ever deal for a guaranteed half a billion dollars? Yea, I'm not buying it. Sounds made up to me. So, AJ and Wlad each got what, about $20 million for their fight? That is $40 million combined purse. What other fight is gonna draw that kind of interest? Maybe Wilder, if Wilder keeps winning and AJ finally mans up in a few years. Other than that, there is no one else at heavyweight. If Dana is going to pay AJ $50 million to fight Miller and Whyte, then the UFC is folding before the year is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Don't they show Floyd & Canelo PPV's? Whats the difference with Joshua? Joshua broke their heart too much or something if he leaves Hearn?

I don't buy it. Sky will ride with Joshua & Hearn will sign off on Joshua fighting on Sky for the foreseeable future UNLESS Joshua parts ways with Sky. That could happen.

It'd be stupid of Sky to willingly disassociate themselves with the biggest draw in the UK over who's promoting him. And they are giving up money over petty sh^t.
      Most of Floyd's fights were on BoxNation, with only the really massive fights getting an offer put in by Sky Sports (don't know for sure, but the Alvarez and Pacquiao fights were the only ones picked up by Sky Sports). Sky Sports seems to really like Andre Ward, but I can't point to a single other American fighter that Sky Sports pays any real focus too.

If Dana White is comfortable with Sky Sports leading everything, maybe it works out.

I don't see Dana White playing along, but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Most of Floyd's fights were on BoxNation, with only the really massive fights getting an offer put in by Sky Sports (don't know for sure, but the Alvarez and Pacquiao fights were the only ones picked up by Sky Sports). Sky Sports seems to really like Andre Ward, but I can't point to a single other American fighter that Sky Sports pays any real focus too.
        Yea so if they're showing Andre Ward PPV's why wouldn't they show Joshua PPV's?

If Dana White is comfortable with Sky Sports leading everything, maybe it works out.

I don't see Dana White playing along, but that's just me
        How do people watch UFC PPV's in the UK now? Is UFC PPV's there own thing? Or do they sell the rights to some channel? Idek.

But I don't necessarily see why Dana wouldn't deal with a proven entity in Sky with Joshua's fights in the UK.

People think Dana is gonna come into boxing & keep trying to put round pegs in square holes cuz they got round holes in MMA. I don't see it. I'm sure Dana gots some ideas, but I'm also sure he knows he's not gonna reinvent the wheel over on this side of the combat sports world either.

Some sh^t works in MMA & some sh^t works in boxing. If you try to cross those wires things aren't gonna work out so well. I think Dana & more importantly the people with the money, WME-IMG, know this & will bend more than some boxing fans think they will. When in Rome as they say.

Comment

I say you'd find that money for Joshua.

I'd assume they could pull a UK deal pretty easily. Who in the UK doesn't wanna show Joshua fight?

I think thats naive of Joshua if thats the case. This sh^t isn't personal its business & its a rare thing when a promoter is truly loyal to a fighter. If Joshua started losing & not drawing Hearn wouldn't show him THAT much loyalty either. Boxers are too often too naive about the business of boxing. Joshua doesn't seem that type to me, but maybe he is.
          Like I said, it's not about wanting, it's about actually being able to do so. I dunno if you're British but Sky is the biggest TV network out there, in many ways, it's the only one. Virgin has a few things going but it's not even close and BT is leagues behind and only just getting in on the act with football.

I'm sure they'd all love to do a deal with UFC/AJ on TV rights but can they afford it? Will they be able to offer more than what Sky is already providing? And it is highly unlikely Sky will end its exclusive deal with Matchroom for UFC.

And in terms of loyalty, that's not what I meant. My point is, AJ has earned more money in less than 20 fights than most current world level fighters have in their entire careers. He is richer than the entire hw top 10 combined. That money has come through his lucrative Matchroom and Sky Box Office deals. Why would he turn his back on that for something that is just "pie in the sky"?

Like I said, nothing but bs from Dana, who is the king at this sort of stuff. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Like I said, it's not about wanting, it's about actually being able to do so. I dunno if you're British but Sky is the biggest TV network out there, in many ways, it's the only one. Virgin has a few things going but it's not even close and BT is leagues behind and only just getting in on the act with football.

I'm sure they'd all love to do a deal with UFC/AJ on TV rights but can they afford it? Will they be able to offer more than what Sky is already providing? And it is highly unlikely Sky will end its exclusive deal with Matchroom for UFC.
            I don't think its crazy that Zuffa Boxing could find $100M to $150M a year to pay Joshua.

And idk why Sky wouldn't show Joshua fights whoever Joshua was promoted by. I predict Sky will show Joshua PPV's til Joshua signs a deal with another PPV provider. Joshua is gonna need to end that relationship if it ends.

And in terms of loyalty, that's not what I meant. My point is, AJ has earned more money in less than 20 fights than most current world level fighters have in their entire careers. He is richer than the entire hw top 10 combined. That money has come through his lucrative Matchroom and Sky Box Office deals. Why would he turn his back on that for something that is just "pie in the sky"?

Like I said, nothing but bs from Dana, who is the king at this sort of stuff. Time will tell.
            In fairness Joshua is the reason Joshua has made so much money. Hearn couldn't make Dillian Whyte the money he's making Joshua in 20 years. Other promoters could've gotten Joshua the money he's gotten. Other promoters might already have Joshua selling US PPV by now for more money. Hearn is a great promoter & among the best in the world right now, but lets not act like promoting Joshua is a hard thing. Joshua sells himself more than Hearn ever could.

Comment

We don't really know what Hearn is offering. If hes giving a % in Matchroom, and HBO giving Matchroom the keys to boxing content. What the hells that worth? Getting set up for life, not just 10 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                We don't really know what Hearn is offering. If hes giving a % in Matchroom, and HBO giving Matchroom the keys to boxing content. What the hells that worth? Getting set up for life, not just 10 fights.
                Yea, but all we know thus far is how much Zuffa Boxing would allegedly be making Joshua so we can't speculate too much on alleged deals others may or may not offer. I do suspect if Matchroom is offering 80%ish ($40M/fight) of what some other entity offers he'd stick with the girl he took to the dance. Thats just pulling a % out of my a$$ doe.

So if Matchroom is offering a % of the company, can't see them doing that but hell maybe they would idk what Joshua's & Hearn's relationship really is, plus a comparable high wage as this alleged deal then he'd jump at that.

From the sounds of what I hear Joshua saying is he wouldn't be opposed to doing a co-promotion thing with Hearn & another entity. And if anyone can get away with that its a guy who commanding money like Joshua is commanding.

Comment

Does he take it & sign with someone unproven in boxing promotion or nah?

Comment

Yea, but all we know thus far is how much Zuffa Boxing would allegedly be making Joshua so we can't speculate too much on alleged deals others may or may not offer. I do suspect if Matchroom is offering 80%ish ($40M/fight) of what some other entity offers he'd stick with the girl he took to the dance. Thats just pulling a % out of my a$$ doe.

So if Matchroom is offering a % of the company, can't see them doing that but hell maybe they would idk what Joshua's & Hearn's relationship really is, plus a comparable high wage as this alleged deal then he'd jump at that.

From the sounds of what I hear Joshua saying is he wouldn't be opposed to doing a co-promotion thing with Hearn & another entity. And if anyone can get away with that its a guy who commanding money like Joshua is commanding.
                    Think we'll know whats going on after the fight. Good time to clarify his future and announce a new deal. Suspect this Wilder not getting in the ring stuff has something to do with them already having a planned announcement. Has Wilder kicked off about not being let in the ring? Havent seen anything. Could be hes aware of whats going to be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Think we'll know whats going on after the fight. Good time to clarify his future and announce a new deal. Suspect this Wilder not getting in the ring stuff has something to do with them already having a planned announcement. Has Wilder kicked off about not being let in the ring? Havent seen anything. Could be hes aware of whats going to be happening.
                      I haven't been following this in the ring stuff. So idek what that is exactly. But if Wilder vs Joshua is on tap for happening this year or even in the next 12 months idk why you don't go for the headlines & pictures that'll help sell that fight that both being in the ring after this upcoming fight would bring.

Comment

Working...
                      X