Hardest hitting Welter/Light/Middle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    Purnell Whitaker
    Sweet Pea was a lot of things, but never a puncher..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Sweet Pea was a lot of things, but never a puncher..
      I think his other abilities over shadow his punching power. I was watching a few of his fights yesterday on espn classics.

Looks like he was a puncher to me.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9iZHHTBgQ

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        I think his other abilities over shadow his punching power. I was watching a few of his fights yesterday on espn classics.

Looks like he was a puncher to me.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9iZHHTBgQ
        He certainly wasn't feather fisted with 17 KO's in 40 odd fights, but this is an All Time hardest hitters thread, and I just don't see how Whitaker can be there.. Most of his KO wins were against mediocre opposition.. With the exception of Jake Rodriguez, he beat, but never actually KO'd any of the top fighters of his era..

Comment

Langford is probably the hardest puncher from WW to SMW. Foster gives him a run for his money at LHW. Fitzsimmons deserves to be mentioned from MW to LHW as well.

Jose Luis Lopez deserves a shout out @ WW simply because no one else will mention him.

I like Shane Mosley @ LW.

Comment

Hearns.

SRR wasn't as big of a hitter as Hearns, surprised so many people brought him up.

when it comes to raw power, it's Hearns or Julian Jackson.

Comment

Hearns at welter
              Probably Julian Jackson or McClellan at Middle
              Lightweight hmm Arguello, maybe even Shane Mosley

Comment

Lightweight - Shane Mosley and Joe Gans hon mention Chavez
                Junior welterweight - Aaron Pryor and Kostya Tszyu hon mention Chavez
                Welterweight- Tommy Hearns then Tito Trinidad. hon mention Robinson
                Junior middleweight - Julian Jackson or Tommy Hearns. hon mention John Mugabi
                Middleweight - Roy Jones Jr or Stanley Ketchel. hon mention Hagler and Robinson

Comment

Light-Mosely, Arguello
                  WW-Hearns, SRR
                  MW-Hagler/Mugabi

Comment

As for lightweights, Ike Williams has a deceiving KO record. On film he looks to be about the best hitter who ever fought at lightweight. Lew Jenkins was not the greatest boxer but worth a mention as far as punching power goes. Mosley of course could hit and can still hit at welterweight.

Comment

i can see a lot of the same names here, expected to see Hearns.

did not see Mosley comming though

Comment

Working...
                      X